Beer

Damn, this great beer is so drinakble it's actally dangerous :mrgreen:

cerveza-duvel.jpg

Got to be strong and resist the tentaion to drink one more...

:love: :love: :love:

Brilliant beer! I think my records 5... Memory's hazy on that one :p

i've never managed to drink more than 4 on one night :D
while it's easy to hose down 15 or more jupilers

training man, al you need is training.....

I'm currently getting drunk on Paulaner Wei?bier:

1216990869-29494_full.jpg
paulaner-weissbier_dunkel.jpg

Erdinger gives me too much flatulences and it foams too much.

I stick with the dark Paulaner.

Erdinger gives me too much flatulences and it foams too much.

I stick with the dark Paulaner.

All weissbier gives flatulence, that's the downside to it.

But there are subtle differences. With me Paulaner works best :)

But there are subtle differences. With me Paulaner works best :)

Well, if you are ever in Landkreis Rosenheim, or should for some Odd reason find Maxlrainer Schlossweisse anywhere else in the world, get it.

It's my favorite beer ever, not just among weissbier, but among all beer.

I just had a Magners Perry today. It's alright, but way too sweet. If it had 7% ABV it would probably be good.

Dunno, to me both Paulaner and Erdinger taste rather bland. I mean, I'll still gladly have one but I find that Franziskaner, for example, has got a lot more interesting taste.

Dunno, to me both Paulaner and Erdinger taste rather bland. I mean, I'll still gladly have one but I find that Franziskaner, for example, has got a lot more interesting taste.

YUCK! That's by far the worst of the big Munich Weissbiers! They don't even use real yeast, they use yeast-extract, and the beer tastes accordingly.

How about Ayinger? I like the vague green hue of Fr?hlingsbier.

Also, last weekend I didn't have a single serving of beer, and that's weird. I did have a sip from a friend's Fuller's, but for some reason didn't have a beer of my own.

To not let the off-topic in the Food thread run wild but to carry on this discussion ...

Wait, you're gonna call this:

800px-Ayinger_oktoberfest.jpg

"d?nn"?

Compared to what, this:

koelsch.jpg

?

You've got no clue! :lol:
Last (and so far only) time I was on the Oktoberfest they served me something that can be best described as beer-flavoured water.

There is prob no other beer in the world that I can drink 4 Liters of and still walk to my hotel. K?lsch is not be the best beer either, but that Stuff Bavarians serve the world at the oktoberfest definetly takes home the title "least tasty beer" IMO. Not because it tastes bad - it has NO taste at all ...

Yeah, I put Paulaner in an Erdinger-Glass ... I?m sorry about that :)

At least you have a real Weissbier glas!

But yea, the Munich Wiesn isn't what it used to be anymore... You're better off going to The Rosenheimer Wiesn or the Ayinger Dult.

There is prob no other beer in the world that I can drink 4 Liters of and still walk to my hotel.

Uuummmmm... I beg to differ.

They served pitchers of some yellowish liquid in Texas, which had a faint beer flavour and strangely made the Americans all drunk but had the effect of orange lemonade from Aldi on us Germans.

We made use of that by beating them at darts all the time. But usually at some point they wanted to switch to arm wrestling -- that always was the point for us to leave.

Last edited:
At least you have a real Weissbier glas!
I?ve got a whole Set (6) ... but only Erdinger wich I liked when I bought them (and is more available over here), but these days I prefer Paulaner.

Don?t get me wrong on the Oktoberfest ... I loved it ... for the spectacle. I?m sure there are many smaller fairs down south where they serve better beer. But that?s hardly the point of it all. It?s the size, the foreign tourists, the madness ... that?s what?s makes it so special. The bad beer is just a small annoyance. :)