Crashgate

So, that's it... Renault will probably have to run sponsor-less for the last few races.

If they have the money. I assume, both deals had the paragraph, that allows them to terminate sponsorships in case Renault is breaking sportsmanship rules, so, left without any sponsors they might just leave F1 altogether after Singapore.

pff, that must be a big blow in your budget...I assume there still is someone left who'd like to invest in an F1 team, even a 'convicted' one. and otherwise; bring back the 'team spirit' stickers.

So...no more torture looking at ING on the Renaults?

And if Mutua Madrelinia went away...we are gonna look at a white, red and orange piece of carbon?

And what about drivers suits, team clothing?

Last edited:
Introducing Renault F1 Gaffa Tape Team... :D

Someone made a good point, might even have been PlanetF1.

If last year's Singapore Grand Prix was subject to race fixing.....that declares the result null and void. That means Felipe Massa is the 2008 WDC.

I don't think anything will come of this but I would also say Felipe would probably win the case if he was of the mind to push it.

If last year's Singapore Grand Prix was subject to race fixing.....that declares the result null and void. That means Felipe Massa is the 2008 WDC.

I don't think anything will come of this but I would also say Felipe would probably win the case if he was of the mind to push it.

How ? Massa retired from that race while Hamilton got on the podium.

^Exactly. If they were to void the race Hamilton would lose the points he got, while Massa would lose nothing since he didn't score anyway. Since it has been said that after a certain date the results are set in stone I doubt anything will come of this. Stone is stone whether the result of a race was fixed or not.

Because the car passed scutineering and no issue of cheating was thought to have occurred, the results for that race were set in stone once the scrutineering finished.

Someone made a good point, might even have been PlanetF1.

:lol: Eh no. Lewis didn't cheat, Renault did. So he would be promoted to second and win by 3 points instead of 1...

You see, the safety car was deployed, that is a fact. How Williams and McLaren reacted to it was perfectly fair, and has nothing to do with the reason for deployment. Renault however, knew it was going to be deployed, and therefore cheated.

So interesting theory, but no. :)

:lol: Eh no. Lewis didn't cheat, Renault did. So he would be promoted to second and win by 3 points instead of 1...

You see, the safety car was deployed, that is a fact. How Williams and McLaren reacted to it was perfectly fair, and has nothing to do with the reason for deployment. Renault however, knew it was going to be deployed, and therefore cheated.

So interesting theory, but no. :)
Yeah, if anything it in a way gets him off for the whole last lap of the last race controversy:p

I wonder who might invest in Renault next year... My guess is we'll be seeing Sauber F1 awarded the spot that was supposed to be Renaults by the end of the year...:|

138028.jpg

Wow...how boring is that...

Grosjean spins at turn 17 and causes practice to be stopped for 10 minutes, FIA will surely investigate this! :p

Ruben's fastest in first practice, looks like Red Bull are finally back on the pace as well!

New Renault is much nicer looking