We don't have a thread on Dollhouse yet?

Apparently it has been renewed.......can't see why.

If I were to gamble on anyone, it would be Joss Whedon. But even if the next season is pure awesome, I still don't think it will attract a lot of viewers.

Bump!

The DVD release only episode has been leaked online

Here's a link: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=SR8HLVO9

This is the best episode of the entire series and one of the best pieces of television I've seen in a while. It's very deep and is one of those TV episodes that linger in your mind leaving you on the brink of tears with a lump in your throat. It's not a happy episode by any means, but so far only NCIS and House have delivered the same kind of emotional depth. No other show even come close, they may be sad, but they don't really sink in as much on a personal level.

If you want to see a shining example of what I'm talking about (best you watch the entire episode though)

Here is the last scene of the episode posted above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItDO1BEx9iM

(No embedding because the youtube image is a bit of a spoiler)

holy crap, having not seen the series (my only passing interest in it was it was done by Joss Whedon and it had Eliza Dushku in it), however after seeing that. i really am going to have to look out for this series when it becomes available on DVD.

The DVD's been out (here) for a couple months now so epitaph one's been on the online for just as long :p It's good but you're weird if you think it's super emotional.

This bothers me, it's fucking weird. Yesterday for no particular reason, I was reading up on Dollhouse and the unaired episode...I downloaded it and watched it today. And now I come on and see you guys are talking about it!

I agree, it was good and probably the best of the series. Fucking Felicia Day was in it! The upcoming season is going to be awesome, I read something about Fox not meddling in it and just letting Joss Whedon do what he does.

Bump!

Season 2 has premiered, what was everyone's thoughts about it? Personally I thought it was a lot better though I get the feeling that it's a bit rushed, there was a lot of Echo development and it happened very quickly, for those of you who haven't seen Epitaph One (1x12 I think - Link Above) yet you really should because a lot of stuff won't make sense to you if you haven't.

its late and I need to go to bed badly, so I dont have time to read this whole thread, so this may be a dumb question, but why wasnt Epitaph One shown on TV? I just watched it and it really cleared up a lot about this whole series... made me mad it wasnt aired because that was some seriously intense stuff, by far the best of the series, and I think if theyd aired that they would have a lot more people hooked and better ratings.

after seeing the first episode of the new season, it was kind of meh, and I was thinking of not watching this anymore, but then I watched Epitaph One and I was like holy hell

Answer below.

Since "Epitaph One" wasn't part of Fox's 13-episode deal with 20th Century Fox Television, it was not expected to air on Fox, since Fox didn't pay for the production of the episode. Tim Minear said that the producers "always knew it would be for the DVD for sure" and that it was written as "a standalone kind of coda episode", not as a season finale.
Joss Whedon said about the episode: "The decision had to do with the studio saying, 'We need another episode for our package, and we can't afford one. Can you do a clip show? Can we show the unaired pilot?' I'm like, 'No, you can't. It wouldn't make any sense. Besides, we cannibalized it for parts. Most of it's in other episodes.' And they were like, 'Well, we really have to have 13 for foreign.' And I said, 'I'll tell you what. I'll shoot a post-apocalyptic thriller that's all on our sets in six days with a cast of four other people, then we'll pepper it with different bits from our regular cast, and we can do it all during the schedule. It'll cost you half. I can do this.' And I was so in love with the idea that I just came up with off the top of my head, and that's what it turned into. It's one of the best episodes we've ever made." [1]
At the San Diego Comicon, Joss Whedon screened the episode and later said that "even though the future is fixed, and the stuff we see in "Epitaph One" is definitely real, we haven't seen the whole picture. For one thing, the "flash backs" we saw featuring our main characters were memories and may have been unreliable, plus some of those events may not have played out the way we thought they did."[2]

I very much liked the Season 2 premiere. Whiskey was just wicked, and
Eliza Dushku in a wedding dress
is just what dreams are made of. ;)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iu-mvxtZo[/YOUTUBE]

CCCCOMBO BREAKER :)

Last edited:
I's a sad panda, gotta wait until december for more dollhouses :(. On the plus side, they're going to be airing back-to-back new episodes.

And all you jerkasses who aren't watching season 2 (thanks a lot guys, because of you Dollhouse had huge budget cuts :p ), season 2 is a million times better than season 1. You know, most of the first season, nothing mattered. Season 2, pretty much everything that's happening actually matters and isn't just transitory.

I's a sad panda, gotta wait until december for more dollhouses :(. On the plus side, they're going to be airing back-to-back new episodes.

And all you jerkasses who aren't watching season 2 (thanks a lot guys, because of you Dollhouse had huge budget cuts :p ), season 2 is a million times better than season 1. You know, most of the first season, nothing mattered. Season 2, pretty much everything that's happening actually matters and isn't just transitory.

Actually it doesn't matter if we don't watch season 2, as the only way they do ratings (I think) is with Neillson ratings or whatever, I used to just watch my favourite shows on that thing to try and make a slight difference.

Yeah apparently Whedon wasn't allowed to have a story for the first six or so episodes, so that explains why the first half of the first season dithered around so much. I have really liked every episode since.

Yay, new eps. Fox can go to hell, season 2 is soooooooooo awesome. Jesus H Murphy, twists and turns and excitement around every corner. In the first ep tonight I kept going "what!?". The whole plot was just awesome and it's sweet that we're getting a bigger picture now instead of just the LA dollhouse and nothing else.

It got canceled so I'm glad I didn't get too emotionally invested but it's still sad. Here's hoping a boost in ratings for these last few episodes may bring it back from the dead.