2009 Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix

I just KNEW Williams or Nico would find a way to f*** it up. :cry: It could have been an easy 2nd place.

Congrats to Hamilton, Glock and Alonso, great drive by all of them! :) Glock is the surprise of the weekend.

Button must be very happy with that 5th place, and more so with his 15-point advantage over Barrichello.

Costly mistake by Vettel, but he was quicker than had I expected.
Another disaster for Webber.

Ferrari, oh well.... :|

Stupid mistake by Sutil, I can see why Heidfeld is so angry.

I seriously dislike this track.

Nice to see Canon back sponsoring an F1 car. Then I fell asleep.

I don't see why you guys didn't like this race/track. I love the 2 hours it takes, and the strategies involved in the racing. Sure, there isn't overtaking, but it's like Monaco in that there is more to the race than that. Thought it was one of the more exciting races of the season.

I'm glad I didn't wake up at 5 am.

I don't see why you guys didn't like this race/track. I love the 2 hours it takes, and the strategies involved in the racing. Sure, there isn't overtaking, but it's like Monaco in that there is more to the race than that. Thought it was one of the more exciting races of the season.

Is it because Louis won? :p

The race was a bore then again I didn't watch the race till about 10 to go because I just woke up. :lol:

Yep, that's it, Singapore dealt with it. Nothing to see here.

Bring on Suzuka.

Kind of saw this coming but...

Sutil fined, as Heidfeld laments first DNF in 35 races

Although positive results for BMW Sauber this season have been thin on the ground, Nick Heidfeld has had one feather in his cap - his seemingly bullet-proof race consistency. On Sunday in Singapore, however, Heidfeld?s mammoth run of 42 consecutive classified finishes was brought to an end, thanks to a collision with Force India?s Adrian Sutil. It was the first time in 35 outings that he has failed to take the chequered flag.

On Lap 19 Sutil attempted to pass the Toro Rosso of Jaime Alguersuari, but spun. As he went to rejoin the chasing pack, he moved into the path of Heidfeld, who ran over the VJM02?s nose. Heidfeld's race was over immediately with suspension damage, while his fellow German struggled on for a few more laps before retiring. Sutil was subsequently reprimanded and fined $20,000.

?For me it was clearly Adrian Sutil?s fault,? Heidfeld said after the race. ?Obviously I saw it from the inside and later also on TV. He had spun backwards and then just drove back onto the track and straight into my car. That?s something you just can?t do. I had no chance to avoid this accident. I was last with a lot of fuel on board.

?The speed at the back of the pack was very low and, therefore, I started to save fuel very early on as overtaking was impossible anyway. Although my chances were far from promising today, it is still annoying not to finish because of such a stupid incident.?

Sutil admitted he was at fault, saying: "Nick came around the corner and hit my front wing as I was stuck in the corner. I didn't see him coming as I was on the move already and couldn't react to it, but I'm sorry for it. It was a race incident."

The last time Heidfeld was not classified in a race result was at the 2007 United States Grand Prix at Indianapolis where his car succumbed to hydraulic problems.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/10001.html

From the press conference:

Q. (Don Kennedy ? Hawke's Bay Today) Fernando, given that you seem to be the key to the drivers' market for 2010, does this podium help you make the decision as to which team you might drive for next year, including it could possibly be Ferrari?

FA: No, this podium doesn't change anything. I took the decision already, so soon we will know.

Q. (Don Kennedy ? Hawke's Bay Today) Are you going to tell us?

FA: If you pay a good amount.

LH: I'll give you a tenner, ten euros.

FA: Not enough. At least twenty!

:lol:

Boring race. Boring Ferrari.

Force india has returned to reality it seems. I think Sutil does not deserve the penalty he got because it was a racing incident and stuff like that happens. More money for FIA. Seriously I think Lewis deserved his win I cannot think of anyone that was capable of challenging him. Good drive from Glock too.

Wonder how Alonso cheated this time...

This really is a very very boring venue. But it's forgiven because there are alot of F1 fans there it seems and the cars look perfect up aginst the night sky under the artificial daylight. It really is a beutiful location shame the race is so boring.

Last edited:
Did anyone hear how Brundle called Alonso during the gridwalk? :lol:

I have a sneaking suspicion Martin is spending too much time for his own good on the Autosport forum. Maybe even posting without us knowing.

Did anyone hear how Brundle called Alonso during the gridwalk? :lol:

I have a sneaking suspicion Martin is spending too much time for his own good on the Autosport forum. Maybe even posting without us knowing.

I didn't see it, did he call him Fred? :lol:

Btw, is it just me, or does anyone else think it's funny when you hear a McMerc radio call along the lines of "Switch to strategy Yellow-5 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and setting Double-Q-5 Green" ...?
I can't remember hearing any other team make such codeword-laden radio calls.

Btw, is it just me, or does anyone else think it's funny when you hear a McMerc radio call along the lines of "Switch to strategy Yellow-5 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and setting Double-Q-5 Green" ...?
I can't remember hearing any other team make such codeword-laden radio calls.

They're not codewords, they're just the letters he has to push. It's radio language to avoid confusion between letters like "b" and "d"...

sniffpetrol said:
#F1 Hamilton pit radio - 'Default X THREE ZERO'? They just give these things such names 'cos it sounds cool don't they.

#F1 I hope we're all going to start saying 'X THIRTY ONE' when we mean 'turn it off and then back on again'

:mrgreen:

Thank god I didn't stay awake until 2am (didn't have ONE HD) to watch Hamilton win some, Sutil and Heidfield crash some, Button gain some and Barrichello lose some.

Next race please!

Well, I had one HD, but still. it was horrible, seriously.