9 million acres of public land in utah could be closed to OHV use

Ahem.

HOPE AND CHANGE! HOPE AND CHANGE!

If you voted Democrat, hope this was the change you voted for. If not, well, you voted for it anyway.

I already sent an email to my Blue Dog Democrat representative. I also am trying to harness the power of social networking to get my friends in other states to email their representatives and get Utah some support.

I already sent an email to my Blue Dog Democrat representative. I also am trying to harness the power of social networking to get my friends in other states to email their representatives and get Utah some support.

That is what needs to be done. Pirate4x4 is all over this,they're 100k+ members, but they can only do so much.:( This is going to need all the support it can get, if there's gonna be any hope of stopping it.

Next they'll ban hikers
NO HUMANS IN THE WOODS IT IS ILLEGAL

Next they'll ban hikers
NO HUMANS IN THE WOODS IT IS ILLEGAL

What do you mean, next?

They already ban off-trail hiking in a number of preserves. And there's talk of banning solo hiking now.

They better not try that here. Hiking in the woods is my new idea for making myself less fat. I will blame the government if they close off the fells and I get fat >:{

Which is retarded. Except for the occasional crap (buried), most hikers don't leave a thing behind.

Is it just me or is an offroader NOT an off-highway-vehicle? It's a vehicle that's off the highway, but as far as I'm aware the definition of an off-highway-vehicle is a vehicle you aren't allowed to operate on public highways. Point being that if this legislation actually blacklists OHVs, people with license plates are still good to go.

Mind you if the news blurb is misleading and it actually only whitelists "approved activities" someone needs to be drawn and quartered for not getting the spirit of the US Constitution.

Last edited:
Ahem.

If you voted Democrat, hope this was the change you voted for. If not, well, you voted for it anyway.

I'll admit it. I voted democrat. However my reasoning wasn't any sort of ideology, I just couldn't bring myself to make a call either way and (literally) punched the voting machine and accepted whatever came up. This on top of my understanding how voting machines actually function and thus having zero confidence in them at all anyway. It happened to pick Obama for me.

Ahem.

Erm, I get your frustration about some things Spectre, but do you honestly think that the Republican party would have done much different in many ways?

Would you really rather someone who would likely die in office and to be frank and redneck twat of a woman for president of the US? I'm not defending Obama here, simply saying I don't think the "other" side would have been much better.

Ahem.

Maurice Hinchey has been in office since 1993. And this wasn't exactly part of the voting issues when we voted for our hope and change.

I like you, man, but there's enough partisan politics out there.

I don't give a wet wank about party politics, I just want the feds to stop declaring my state off-limits and dumping their trash in my back yard.

As someone who visits Utah quite frequently for just such activity, I must say this is really disturbing. Fired off an obligatory email, hopefully there's enough of us to make those douchebags think twice.

E-mails are useless send a real piece of mail to get their attention.

Mind you if the news blurb is misleading and it actually only whitelists "approved activities" someone needs to be drawn and quartered for not getting the spirit of the US Constitution.

What they mean by "OHVs" is "no wheeled vehicles of any sort, and no snowmobiles." And yes, it's a whitelist reg.

I'll admit it. I voted democrat. However my reasoning wasn't any sort of ideology, I just couldn't bring myself to make a call either way and (literally) punched the voting machine and accepted whatever came up. This on top of my understanding how voting machines actually function and thus having zero confidence in them at all anyway. It happened to pick Obama for me.

Erm, I get your frustration about some things Spectre, but do you honestly think that the Republican party would have done much different in many ways?

Maurice Hinchey has been in office since 1993. And this wasn't exactly part of the voting issues when we voted for our hope and change.

I like you, man, but there's enough partisan politics out there.

Actually, this isn't about Obama per se. It's more about people getting suckered in by the whole hope and change concept promulgated by the Democrats and handing over the Congress (who actually makes the laws) to them.

See, the Democrats are the party of the radical environmentalists and have been for years. They're the ones that always close land and eternally restrict access, kicking hunters, bikers and even horseback riders off of lands they have used for generations. They've done this under Clinton, under Carter, and now under Obama. When they don't have the presidency but do have Congress, they still push for this sort of thing only slower because they have to stick parts of their agenda in bills the President won't veto - which is what they did under Reagan and the two Bushes.

If you voted a Democrat into national office, you are responsible for this. If you didn't think this would happen, then you didn't look into what that party stands for and does.

I'm not saying vote Republican (and I'm not a Republican.) I am saying that if you voted Democrat, you are responsible for this.

I'm certain I'm going to get a ton of neg reps for this, but the truth needs to be told.

I don't give a wet wank about party politics, I just want the feds to stop declaring my state off-limits and dumping their trash in my back yard.

Then you need to care about politics. Otherwise, they're going to keep barring access to more and more of your state.

Strangely, I hate politics, but ignoring them is not just unwise, it's gotten unsafe (as in, hazard to your personal health) to ignore it.

E-mails are useless send a real piece of mail to get their attention.

Yeah, emails generally just get deleted. Phone calls get totalled up and real mail at least gets read.

Yeah, emails generally just get deleted. Phone calls get totalled up and real mail at least gets read.

Eh, I had an email responded to by my local congresslizard once. ... Nine months after the issue had passed, with a form letter about an issue that was irrelevant to the original one. IIRC it was regarding the DMCA's initial passage, but it may have been the patriot act.

My representative to the state government once responded to some issue I disagreed about by putting me on his/her christmas card mailing list. Not quite the issue I was looking for.

Eh, I had an email responded to by my local congresslizard once. ... Nine months after the issue had passed, with a form letter about an issue that was irrelevant to the original one. IIRC it was regarding the DMCA's initial passage, but it may have been the patriot act.

My representative to the state government once responded to some issue I disagreed about by putting me on his/her christmas card mailing list. Not quite the issue I was looking for.

Yeah, the best that will happen with an email is that they'll put you on their mailing list.

And yeah, the long delays in email replies, when they do reply, are normal. Most of the people in national office are extremely not tech savvy - if not tech hostile.

My personal philosophy with Washington right now is "Vote The Bastards Out", no matter what party. Washington needs an enema.

Yeah, the best that will happen with an email is that they'll put you on their mailing list.

And yeah, the long delays in email replies, when they do reply, are normal. Most of the people in national office are extremely not tech savvy - if not tech hostile.

My personal philosophy with Washington right now is "Vote The Bastards Out", no matter what party. Washington needs an enema.

Ron Paul not in your district?