Hyundai Sonata/i40 spied

The back only looks good because they took some ideas from the Jaguar XF.

the front looks like some designer at Hyundai got drunk one night and tried to trace a picture of a Camry on an overhead projector before passing out.

I do like the way Hyndai are trying to get themselves noticed these days though. Maybe that attitude will lead to more good stuff like the Genisis Coupe.

Last edited:
The long anticipated 2011 Hyundai Sonata (to be named i40 in Europe) has finally arrived! Ahead of its official Korean unveiling, scheduled for the first week next month, we are bringing you the very first images of a completely undisguised next-generation Sonata sedan. The images preview Sonata?s front, side and rear-end styling, as well as provide us a sneak peak preview of Sonata?s modern cabin lay-out.
As expected, the all-new Sonata is a looker and most definitely the most appealing and attractive vehicle Hyundai has ever built! The all-new four-door sedan embodies Hyundais so-called ?fluidic? design language, which has been first introduced with ix-onic concept car in Geneva and later, just a few weeks ago as a matter of fact, with production-ready Tucson crossover.
Although no specific information on engine line-up were released so far, we have learned that a series of modern gasoline and diesel engines will be available in the new Sonata sedan, including the all-new 2.4L four-cylinder with gasoline direct injection -GDI technology and estimated output of 200 horsepower. Another four-cylinder gasoline engine under the hood of Korean-spec 2011 Sonata will be a 2.0L Theta powerplant, which will achieve 12.7 km/L (30 mpg US).
Diesel power, which will be available exclusively for Korean and European markets, and will come from Hyundai?s brand new 2.2L R-diesel engine that churns out impressive 204 horsepower ans satisfies upcoming EURO5 emission standards. According to sources close to Hyundai, 250hp+ Lambda V6 engine will also be offered, but most likely only in the US market.
All Sonatas, powered by gasoline or diesel engines, will be available either with 6-speed automatic or manual transmissions. As is typical in the mid-size cars, Sonata will offer such luxuries as a panoramic glassroof, reversing cameras, engine start-stop button, smart navigation system and paddle shift gearbox.
The official 2011 Hyundai Sonata unveiling is scheduled for September 10th, with Korean sales beginning in October, while US and European sales is expected to commence in the first half of 2010.

hyundaiix40.jpg

newhyundaicar.jpg

hyundaisonata1.jpg

yf2.jpg

Do. Want. One!

Somebody shoot me. I loved it.

I like how the headlights are luminated from the corners.

Apart from the front looking like an oversized Honda City/Fit Aria, it's not bad.

I like how the headlights are luminated from the corners.

That's because they are.

It actually looks fairly decent, even likeable. Man Hyundai is rolling out some good cars as of late :clap:

Mazda called, they want their Mazda6 back.

Not that this is a bad car, but it's very similar to the Mazda6 (Or is it just me?), and I'd actually rather have the Mazda.

Mazda called, they want their Mazda6 back.

Not that this is a bad car, but it's very similar to the Mazda6 (Or is it just me?), and I'd actually rather have the Mazda.
Considering that the Mazda6 is one of the best looking of the family sedans, that's hardly a bad thing.

I think if they reworded the grille a bit and put some brushed aluminum instead of chrome on there, I think it could very well be one of the finest mid-size sedans ever built. Apart from that hideously over-sized front grille, it looks AMAZING. I would easily take that over any of the Japanese mid-size sedans any day.

2010%20Hyundai%20Sonata%20001.jpg

A smaller grille and a set of Genesis-style wheels would look a LOT more attractive on the new Sonata.

Last edited: