Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

hmm, I can say that for the time I owned it anyway, the Buick never burned a drop and that was also a 94. The thunderbird is the same but I've only had it since may and I'm still finding out things.

I will be pleased if I get it to your situation. 1qt per 6 months for a 15-year-old car is not bad.

And if that doesn't work, try switching to Valvoline's MaxLife oil. It works great, cut the leakage of the Jaguar that I first tried it on from a quart a month to almost nothing.

Hmmm...interesting. What is so special about this Valvoline MaxLife oil?

At the rate I'm losing it, I don't think any oil...or additive will fix my problem. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Hmmm...interesting. What is so special about this Valvoline MaxLife oil?

At the rate I'm losing it, I don't think any oil...or additive will fix my problem. Let's hope I'm wrong.

It contains proven seal restoring/reconditioning ingredients that won't harm the rest of the engine. It won't help if there's mechanical damage to the seals (chunks missing, etc), but if they've just shrunk with age and heat (which is common), it can restore it - one of the only 'high mileage' oils to have its claims verified independently, actually.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuSxirK4vDY&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

Do you guys see anything familiar in this video at 3:00? :)

It contains proven seal restoring/reconditioning ingredients that won't harm the rest of the engine. It won't help if there's mechanical damage to the seals (chunks missing, etc), but if they've just shrunk with age and heat (which is common), it can restore it - one of the only 'high mileage' oils to have its claims verified independently, actually.

Good to know. My next oil change is in 1500 miles so I should use the Valvoline. Until then...we'll see what the additive will do.
From what I read, pretty much every Volvo over 120k miles suffers from this problem.

The only good thing about this situation is that my engine constantly gets its oil renewed :p

i would quite like to own a KIA picanto

kia-picanto.jpg

Popular Mechanics - 14 Essential Auto Supplies From the MythBusters? Garage

I suggest everybody here read this...twice. A lot of the products featured on there have been recommended to me by fellow vintage-motorcycle tinkerers. I would add PB Blaster, a can of compressed air, and the red Loctite (not the tube of Superglue shown in the picture there) to that list as well.

How much does one of those ... cars (?) cost over there?

$13.5 k and that's the base one, i want a black automatic one with alloys, a tiny little spoiler, wind deflector, moldings , parking sensors, interior and exterior care products, electric windows and mirrors and aircon

No, no you don't!

yes, yes i do, i spend most of my time in city jams on a mitsu that until about 3 weeks ago, wanted to torch himself

Last edited:
$13.5 k and that's the base one, i want a black automatic one with alloys, a tiny little spoiler, wind deflector, moldings , parking sensors, interior and exterior care products, electric windows and mirrors and aircon

yes, yes i do, i spend most of my time in city jams on a mitsu that until about 3 weeks ago, wanted to torch himself

I could never justify spending 13500$ on a car that I don't want. Lets face it, you don't WANT the Kia, you feel that it would be a rational choice. NO ONE, NO ONE really wants a Kia.

For that money (well, perhaps a bit more) in Europe, I could take a ship to Germany for a nice vacation, and come back with one of these:

Sierra_RS_Cosworth_Front.jpg

Now THERE is a car you could really want.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I could never justify spending 13500$ on a car that I don't want. Lets face it, you don't WANT the Kia, you feel that it would be a rational choice. NO ONE, NO ONE really wants a Kia.

For that money (well, perhaps a bit more) in Europe, I could take a ship to Germany for a nice vacation, and come back with one of these:

Sierra_RS_Cosworth_Front.jpg

Now THERE is a car you could really want.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Europe, not America, Europe, we didn't even got those buckets of awesome, and, even if it sounds weird, i REALLY want that kia

Europe, not America, Europe, we didn't even got those buckets of awesome, and, even if it sounds weird, i REALLY want that kia

Well, In America you have V8 landyachts, even the worst one of those will have 10 times the character of any Kia..

We got them up here in North America.

800px-MerkurXr4ti.JPG

ummm.....yeah honduras used market is more like

20090831051340.JPG

20090917051240.jpg

20090828052452.JPG

and FATMOUSEmobiles

20090804111336.jpg

the closest thing i could find to a landyacht is this
20080508043924.JPG

i'm not joking, all of those are from honduras's only used-car website

I had a thought....

Step 1: Start with this
http://img34.imageshack.**/img34/4307/mercurymarauder1.jpg

Step 2: Cut out the rear doors/back seat
Step 3: Mend together to make it into a coupe
Step 4........
Step 5. AWESOME

We got them up here in North America.

800px-MerkurXr4ti.JPG

Oh no you didn't. The xr4ti is a piece of shit even when compared to the Euro-spec xr4i, let alone a Cosworth..