Petrolheads you'd like to see on Top Gear

Mr. Nice

I decided to start a separate thread from the "people you'd like to see on SIARPC" thread, so that we could get a good list going of people who are somehow involved with automobiles, in an important way.

My first additions to this list will be as follows:

Stirling Moss
Carroll Shelby
Alain De Cadenet
Bob Lutz
Alex Zanardi

I'd pay to see Shelby and Sir Stirling, hope he'll do it before the great master passes away

Id like to see a few people do the siarpc

Travis pastrana
Ken block(did they mention in season 13 he was coming next season?)
And more F1 drivers. They haven't done the F1 driver board in forever.

I know it's kind of a long shot, but I'd like to see some of the NASCAR drivers, if for no other reason, than to show Jeremy that they can make a right turn!

There are some people who've already appeared on the show that I think should come back for an interview:

Sir Jackie Stewart
Mika Hakkinen
Ian Callum

There are some people who've already appeared on the show that I think should come back for an interview:

Sir Jackie Stewart
Mika Hakkinen
Ian Callum

Yes I agree with all of those.

They should gather all the F1 drivers who have appeared as SIARPC before and have a same kind of garden party as the one they had with the new car.

So at least:

Jenson Button
Mark Webber
Damon Hill
Nigel Mansell
Lewis Hamilton
and also
Michael Schumacher
The Stig
Mika H?kkinen
Stirling Moss

They should all drive the Lacetti.

I'd quite like to see some endurance drivers on, like Tom Kristensen or Allan McNish.

Sir Jackie Stewart
Mika Hakkinen
Ian Callum

If Ian Callum is ever invited to Top Gear again, it better be for his execution.

^Dario Franchitti would be great, he could bring his wife (Ashley Judd)!

Lee Iacocca (father of the Ford Mustang, and savior of Chrysler in the 80's)

Last edited:
If Ian Callum is ever invited to Top Gear again, it better be for his execution.

Doesn't seem likely.... Clarkson and May are both big fans of Callum's work, as are a lot of people who aren't.... well, you know, "old-school" Jag fans.

I second the motion to Shelby and Stirling Moss.

I'd like to also see the famous designer of the century Giorgetto Giugiaro.

NASCAR drivers i want to see:

Jimmie Johnson

Jeff Gordan

Dale Earnhart Jr.

Mika Hakkinen
"Mika, why where you late for the interview?"
"...I was having a shit"

And Ian Callum has already been on the show, in Series 2 when they had the design episode, I believe.

And Ian Callum has already been on the show, in Series 2 when they had the design episode, I believe.

Yes, as I said, people who have previously been on the show but should come back for an interview (and consequently a lap of the track :) )

The show you're thinking about is Series 1, Episode 3.

Martin Brundle
Eric Bana
Marcus Gr?nholm
Max Mosley

Schuey vs. H?k?
Keke vs. Nico

A couple good pairs

Piquiet vs Briatore
Max vs a page 3 model from the news of the world

On a personal note a guy not as closely linked to motorsport but a massive F1 and Ferrari fan and a guitar legend, Eric Clapton

I'd like to see Valentino Rossi and Ben Spies.

Rossi held is own while testing the Ferrari F1, and Spies is supposed to be pretty good behind the wheel of sports car.