TV tuner card?

VR6

Car(s)
04 Sentra Spec-V
I found one other thread on this but it was from early 07 so I decided to make a new one I was wondering what the cheapest tv tuner card is, I just wanna watch regular tv on my computer, no HD. I don't even wanna record.

So what's my best option and where should I look?

Do you want an actual card or a USB tuner?

Get the simplest USB stick tuner you can get your hands on... pretty much nothing can go really wrong with those. I've recently got a Pinnacle PCTV <something> USB for ?15, it's now working in the living room HTPC in my parents' home under Windows 7 - no problem at all.

I would suggest you actually buy a decent TV Tuner that has hardware encoder/decoder. You can instantly turn your PC into a digital TV recorder. I went thru a few ATI TV Wonder cards in my life... but a good standalone product that is just a tuner and not a video card/tuner...would be a product in the Hauppauge Win TV series. Look it up on newegg.com

I have no desire to record any tv programs, my real tv has a dvr for that stuff. I mainly just want this to watch bnn and for anytime im bored.

Recording's done at software level so any card you get has that feature. I bought a cheapy USB tuner which works perfectly with Windows 7 MC. Hauppauge are the standard brand though.

i bought a PCI card from KWorld a while ago. it was $15 with a $15 MIR. the card has pretty bad quality though and the included software is pretty bad. but you get what you pay for, i guess. or in my case, what you don't pay for. lol.