Need car suggestions for my mother

phuckingduck

is awesome!
Car(s)
'03 Volvo S60 AWD
61 year old lady looking for a car. CPO works if the brand has a good enough program, but for my peace of mind I'd prefer new.

20-30k USD
FWD/AWD (AWD Preferred)
Heated Seats
If able, GPS.

Gogogo!

Impreza.

... *think about the 2009 Impreza he just drove* ...

Make that a 2007 pre-owned Impreza.

The G35 is demonstrably older-person proof. FordCrusher GT had his mother buy one and it managed to make it from Virginia to NYC with almost no oil in the engine - and it survived.

Subarus aren't quite so durable.

The G35 is demonstrably older-person proof. FordCrusher GT had his mother buy one and it managed to make it from Virginia to NYC with almost no oil in the engine - and it survived.

Subarus aren't quite so durable.

You say this as if keeping dangerous old codgers on the road were a good thing.

I hear Buicks are old peeps cars, but why not have her get a G8?

ummm....
Honda_Accord_EX.jpg

or if you can go a little bit over budget
800px-09_Hyundai_Genesis.jpg

I second the G35x. I got my mother to get a regular G35 and she loves it.

And rear wheel drive.

So is the G35. RWD shouldn't be an issue. The typical elderly driver won't spend much time going over 5mph. Only when they hit the accelerator instead of the brake and crash into someone's house do they go faster. In that situation it doesn't matter which wheels are driving the car.

Ah that's what I get for not paying attention.

So is the G35. RWD shouldn't be an issue. The typical elderly driver won't spend much time going over 5mph. Only when they hit the accelerator instead of the brake and crash into someone's house do they go faster. In that situation it doesn't matter which wheels are driving the car.

The G35x is AWD.

Try and get something that is both FWD and AWD where you can swap between the two. We have a Subaru Outback that is permanently AWD, and all it does it suck up fuel- we don't need it. My grandma has a Suzuki SX4 AWD where you can choose between FWD and AWD and I think it is a great idea.

Will your mom actually listen to your suggestions? Most couldn't care less about driving dynamics or anything else you'd expect them to look for.