New 2010 Lotus Exige W/ new nose and wing

GRtak

Forum Addict
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/02/2010-lotus-exige-s240-gets-a-nose-job/

2010 Lotus Exige S240 gets a nose job

It was just a couple of weeks ago that we were tossing around a 2009 Lotus Exige S260 and now the folks from Hethel are releasing a refreshed 2010 Exige S240. The most obvious changes are a revised front fascia and a new rear wing. We first saw the new look last March in Geneva, and more recently on the Exige Cup 260 in Geneva. The larger air intake allows more airflow for better cooling and the outer ports house a pair of oil coolers. On the rear deck is the wing that debuted on the 2007 Exige GT3 road car concept.

The wider wing is mounted higher and farther back, putting it in cleaner air than before. Since there is no rearward visibility in the Exige anyway, nothing has been lost to the wing, and the airfoil generates the same downforce as before but with less drag. The only significant mechanical change appears to be the new adjustable Ohlins dampers with remote reservoirs that are part of the Track package. The 2010 models will be available this fall starting at $65,690.

The old wing was kinda ugly, but the old face was better.

I see little new, but it's still an Exige so I love it.

I don't see a different either. But I'd love to own an Exige.

The difference is VERY small, but overall I like it. The older headlights were kinda pointy and the rear wing was kinda ugly.

Nice job. But anyway, it's a Lotus track tool, therefore it's awesome regardless of looks.

Too bad that Lotus's aren't for the show-offs so the old exige won't suddenly decrease in value when everyone wants to upgrade. Sigh, I would love an exige but they are so damn expensive for a pure fun car.

They drop about half their new cost in 4 years. I called one of the other(12 or so for sale in the last month) and his 2005 cost about $58,000 and it was for sale at $29,000. All of them had new tires after about 30-35000 miles(most claimed they never seen track time). Below is an example of what you get.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/1358290118.html

why must they keep messing with it? The whole point of a Lotus was light & simple right, so then why make a new version every month and call it "all new"

See also : here