2w68g05.jpg

And this is what its supposed to look like:

2011-volkswagen-touareg-1.jpg

2011-volkswagen-touareg-2.jpg

vwtg22_4a5ee79e05521.jpg

vwtg42_4a5ee79fb5dcf.jpg

mutmacher_048.jpg

:cool:

Over in North America, the facelifted Touareg is marketed as the Touareg II currently so thats why he's asking.

Those are fairly horrible artistic impressions. They really don't have a clue what this is going to look like.

I hope it won't have Golf headlights.

Over in North America, the facelifted Touareg is marketed as the Touareg II currently so thats why he's asking.

Its not called the Touareg II everywhere? Learn something new every day

edit: just checked vw.de... how bout that

Its not called the Touareg II everywhere? Learn something new every day

edit: just checked vw.de... how bout that

No you didn't in Germany domains need to have more than two letters. db.de is one of the few exceptions.

Not too sure if I like the look of it. Need to see the final product for real to decide. Hopefully they'll be bringing it to the next Toronto Autoshow, then I can have a look.

No you didn't in Germany domains need to have more than two letters. db.de is one of the few exceptions.

tut mir leid

i checked volkswagen.de i just didnt feel like writing it out at the time

^Why they always gotta do that to us?

Well at least the Golf is actually called the Golf here again.

okay, that is very very very fugly

This is a very ugly car. And it looks much, much better than any Cayenne. Porsche just haven't realized yet...

Looks like it's been in a fight judging by those black eyes :D

It looks a bit too much like a Golf, but I like it still. Still I'm having trouble believing that those are "Official" photos..

Looks like a big bloated Golf.

New VW Touareg unveiled
Volkswagen?s Touareg SUV will be succeeded in the UK this August by a model offering more power, more space, greater efficiency, less weight and, for the first time from VW for the UK market, a hybrid-electric powertrain.
See the VW Touareg pictures
The car is slightly longer than the current Touareg, measuring 4758mm, and at 1724mm in height, its roof is 20mm lower than that of the outgoing model.
Visually it?s been greatly updated, wearing VW?s new wider-grilled corporate look as pioneered on the MkVI Golf and the current Polo. Most significantly, however, it?s 200kg lighter than the current Touareg model for model, and says VW, 20 per cent more fuel-efficient.

UK range

The new Touareg will be offered to UK buyers with a choice of three powertrains and four trim levels. The range will start with a 3.0-litre V6 turbodiesel engine offering 238bhp and 405lb ft of torque. Combined with an eight-speed automatic gearbox and automatic engine stop/start, that version will be good for 38.1mpg and 195g/km of CO2.
Above that in the range will sit a 4.2-litre V8 TDi developing 337bhp and 590lb ft of torque. With the V10 TDi discontinued, this will be the flagship Touareg, capable of 62mph in around 6.0sec and a governed 155mph flat out; it should also return 31.0mpg on the combined cycle.
The third, final and most interesting Touareg due to be offered from launch, however, is a hybrid driven in tandem by a 329bhp, 3.3-litre supercharged V6 and a 46bhp electric motor. Working together, they should endow the car with peak outputs of 375bhp and 428lb ft of twist, and make it both frugal and fast: think 34.4mpg and 0-62mph in 6.5sec. It will also be capable of emissions-free, electric-only running at speeds of up to 30mph.

Under the skin

Like its predecessor, the new Touareg gets height-adjustable air springs across the board, but unlike its antecedent, most versions will have no low-ratio gearbox; VW has fitted an eight-speed torque converter auto as standard, supplied by Aisin, whose short first ratio is intended in part to compensate for that omission.
Anyone wanting to spec their car for ultimate offroad performance, however, will be able to order the 3.0 V6 diesel ?Escape? model; that comes with a six-speed auto ?box instead of the eight speeder, reduction gearing, electronically controlled locking centre and rear differentials and a five-way traction control management system for the four-wheel drive system. Interestingly, there will be no V8 TDi ?Escape? model.
UK prices for the car have yet to be decided: expect them to start at around ?36k for a 3.0 TDi SE, ranging up to ?60k for a V8 TDi in Altitude spec. Top-spec cars should feature auto-dimming headlights, a blind spot warning system and air-conditioned massage leather seats.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg