My crappy rental - 2007 Chevy Impala

All valid points. You have to remember, though, that my MUM was the primary decision maker for this purchase. My mum is not a gearhead. And my dad was out of town when we bought it, otherwise we almost definately would have gotten a manual.

Bench seats: They frickin' rock.

When you get to the rental counter tell them you want a Malibu.
Why settle for the Malibu? At this point a good portion of the rental fleets contain 2010 Fusions which are much better.

Why settle for the Malibu? At this point a good portion of the rental fleets contain 2010 Fusions which are much better.

I suppose. Lets agree to disagree and say:

When you get to the rental counter demand a 2010 Fusion or 2009+ Malibu

And if you DEMAND those, chances are you will be given a PT Cruiser. At least that what I offer people if they are being assholes, that or one of the new Sebrings with the icy cold, incredibly uncomfortable seats. Instead, politely inquire as to what available vehicles they have in your reserved class and you may be given a better choice of vehicles or possibly an upgrade.

Didn't Enterprise buy those without available Side Impact Airbags, or something like that? It's a wonderful car, it has alloys! I'm left wondering if the wheels were the most expensive part. What's the point in faux wood? The seats look like they'd be supportive if you were 400+ lbs.

Yep, it saved them a whopping $175.00 a car and then they went and sold them and didn't tell the new owners the missing airbags.

http://consumerist.com/5338546/ente...-from-cars-sold-cars-forgot-to-tell-customers

Funny story about Enterprise rentals:

We got rentals from them, when we were in the USA (Greenville, Tx.) for an air force training course in 1991. They were meant to bring us from our motel to the company we had our training at and back. Not much more. Three persons got one car.

However, since there was one 5 day weekend due to some holiday at some point, a couple of guys used the car to go on a great tour, covering Arizona, Utah and Nevada (that huge meteor crater, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas). They did about 3000 miles in 4 days, driving in shifts. Others went to New Orleans and back.

One year later we had a refreshment course at the same company and suddenly -- don't know really why -- the cars were limited to 1000 miles each :lol:

Last edited:
And if you DEMAND those, chances are you will be given a PT Cruiser. At least that what I offer people if they are being assholes, that or one of the new Sebrings with the icy cold, incredibly uncomfortable seats. Instead, politely inquire as to what available vehicles they have in your reserved class and you may be given a better choice of vehicles or possibly an upgrade.

Frankly, a PT Cruiser would be rather hilarious and I'd probably keep it the whole weekend just to say "Lets not take your shitty Civic, let's take the PT Cruiser instead"

Frankly, a PT Cruiser would be rather hilarious and I'd probably keep it the whole weekend just to say "Lets not take your shitty Civic, let's take the PT Cruiser instead"
If its from a recent batch, the steering wheel will squeal. Only Chrysler could make an entire batch of cars wrong from the factory.