My First Car

...And believe it or not this isn't the colour the car was originally painted. I think it started off orange and was then painted green and then the the person I got the car from had decided to paint it a color from a 06 ford ranger. I think it works really well on the car.

Thanks guys! I know we are not supposed to post pictures of family member's cars but British cars tend to run in my family.

My Mother's 1964 Triumphant Spitfire MK2
Triumphant_by_20smoke20.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that those early Spitfires resembled a 7/8's scale Ferrari 250 GT Spyder California.

And far as I'm concerned, cars like those deserve to be on this site - I don't care who owns them.

Your step father needs to remove the plastic bumpers from his 1500 Midget. The car looks about a million times better without it.

Scrap the whitewalls and fit twin webers, and you're just about set.

Great car!

I'm gob smacked, that's a fantastic little car. Never knew you and the family were British car fans. Love the colour and as said before, it looks great on the pictures. A Spitfire is on my 'want' list but there are lots of cars I won't own on there.

You'll get used to the BL steering lock eventually. :D

Very cool.

Is there a way to acquire front and rear bumpers that are not...well, those? I know they had to use them to pass safety laws, and the delicate chrome ones underneath look 1000 times better.

And you are right about the yellow paint ,it is very fitting.

Wow, you all drive old British cars! Your family is great!! :D

I like yours best though. ;)

Very cool.

Is there a way to acquire front and rear bumpers that are not...well, those? I know they had to use them to pass safety laws, and the delicate chrome ones underneath look 1000 times better.

And you are right about the yellow paint ,it is very fitting.

Unfortunately not for the Spitfires. There is quite a bit of welding works which needs to be done. BL didn't half-as with them as they did with the plastic bumpered MGs.

Awesome car!

At the risk of sounding a bit cliched....13b swap ftw :)

If you do do a swap I'd recommend a Toyota 4AG. Though a 13B would work fine too.

Of course you can always fantasize here:
http://www.britishv8.org/Photos-Triumph-Conversions.htm

Just don't put a V8 in it, the chassis can't handle it well unless you beef it up (costly).

Last edited:
digging up an old thread but I may have gotten to drive my car inside of a mall today :p
[video=youtube;P-fldqQOsuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-fldqQOsuc[/video]