Forza Motorsport 3

Well, now that I have a proper HDTV that has sound and is bigger than 21" and doesn't have a color bleeding problem; I have finally driven this game. I don't care about the naysayers, I want this game. No, I need this game.

maybe because some people who actually own these cars would actually want to drive them in the virtual world however few they may be... or simply maybe you fancy driving that particular version over the other? ... or maybe match both of them up in a race and see the difference of one over the other?

Yes, well people own other cars that aren't represented at all in the game that want to virtually drive them, but can't as the car list is filled with the same vehicle 5 or 6 times.

well, yeah true. but I didn't buy forza3 to paint. I bought it to race. I only use the paintshop 1% of the time. I choose a good color for my car, maybe add a design or two, then that's it.

You might not buy Forza 3 to paint, but some people do. I know I'll be using the painting quite a bit if it does end up being easier to use.

But, really, all this arguing is getting nowhere. No matter what they do with the game, some group of fans will be disappointed because they left out cars, tracks, paint options, fancy menus, an awesome intro video, multiplayer deathmatch, whatever can be complained about.

They have an EG6 in Forza 3, but it's only a 1.5 litre engine and whilst I'm not a huge expert on Civic's, I'm relatively sure that the best EG6 has a 1.6 litre B16A engine. To not include that car with that engine baffles me, especially since visually it's essentially identical.

The one thing I liked what Forza 2 did, was have higher engine/models available as drivetrain swaps. For example, in 2 the Solstice was available as a stock Solstice, and then a drivetrain swap was available to make it a GXP, which was the exact same price as it cost to upgrade the car in dealerships to the GXP.

I thought that was pretty cool.

The one thing I liked what Forza 2 did, was have higher engine/models available as drivetrain swaps. For example, in 2 the Solstice was available as a stock Solstice, and then a drivetrain swap was available to make it a GXP, which was the exact same price as it cost to upgrade the car in dealerships to the GXP.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Or, if you were like me, you saved enough to stuff the V8 under the hood/bonnet from the get-go and got the lapped opponent achievement in a two lap race. :evil:

I have purchased the limited for a few reasons.

1. I need a new USB stick.
2. I need a new key chain.
3. I tune and paint more than I drive, and, with the VIP, my store will be one of the first seen. It's how I made most of my money from F2. So, it works for me.

I do see why people would not be happy about the whole VIP thing. If I didn't want any of those things, and, just the cars, I'd be annoyed too.

Yes, well people own other cars that aren't represented at all in the game that want to virtually drive them, but can't as the car list is filled with the same vehicle 5 or 6 times.

You might not buy Forza 3 to paint, but some people do. I know I'll be using the painting quite a bit if it does end up being easier to use.

But, really, all this arguing is getting nowhere. No matter what they do with the game, some group of fans will be disappointed because they left out cars, tracks, paint options, fancy menus, an awesome intro video, multiplayer deathmatch, whatever can be complained about.

I like the sound of that.

2.5 years only for those improvements? I too expected too much from this game and even if i love the Forza series, I think know that GT5 will seriously kill this game... if when it comes out.

1 point I really want to stress on is the way Turn10 focuses on realism. If you want realism, you not only have to make it FEEL real, but also LOOK real. Yeah high res my ass... but the LIGHTING SUCKS. Makes Forza look like a cartoon when compared to GT5.

I believe this is a half-finished game aka Forza 2.5. I'd still buy it because of the limited new features, but I just can't help but feel that I'm going to be disappointed when I start playing this game because I expected so much from Forza and Turn10. Heck, GT5 gets Rally, NASCAR, AND FORMULA 1....What do we get??? Recycled tracks from forza 1 & 2 (fujimi kaido comes to mind). Why not design the togue that BEST MOTORING uses for their battles the same way GT5 modeled the Top Gear Test Track on their game.

I'm sorry... just another rant from a disappointed forza fan. :cry:

GT5 does have prettier graphics, it's gorgeous. However, while graphics are nice I prefer Forza. And here is why:

-Good Physics, not perfect yet but very good, and I'd say better than GT5P, Shift, Dirt, and GRID.

-Car selection, GT5 is really it's only competitor. We may not have rally, but we do have NASCARs. As well as that I feel the selection is more complete, we have Porsche, that's a big one for me personally. I don't know about F1, I thought Codemaster's got that license. Perhaps old F1 cars like GT4.

-Painting, Forza is king of the hill with this.

-Tuning and Upgrading, you can do this in other games but it's not nearly as in-depth as Forza save for Shift, but then you are forced to follow the Stage 1, 2, 3, layout.

-Online, now with dedicated servers and new changeable modes.

-Auction house/storefront - I don't know of any other racing game that does this.

To show I'm not biased (too much) though here is a list of things that I believe should be included: Animated wings/pitcrews/shifting, better interior upgrade model, dynamic weather, better tire noises/wind noise/backfires, more body roll/clutch chatter, rolling starts/foul starts, lighting, +8 players online.

There is this great war between GT5 and Forza, but lets face it GT5 has been in development since before Forza 1 even hit store shelves. It fuckin' better be good Forza has built up a damn good game while they've been doing whatever they do over at PD. And it will be good, but if Forza hadn't rolled around you probably wouldn't have damage, overall it'd be a lesser game.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VID_ndJJ3pI&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Not that I condone this sort of thing, but for those of you with firmware flashed 360's... Forza 3 is out on the net ;)

can't wait for Oct 27th! Limited Edition for me!

Only NTSC so far... PAL can't be far behind.
Dammit, my Cockpit isn't ready, I'll only build it next weekend and I don't have the wheel yet either...

Its gonna take some willpower to wait, though...

can't wait for Oct 27th! Limited Edition for me!

I've been told I'm getting mine on the 23rd, or a day before because it's pre-ordered. Couple of days barely makes a difference though. :)

Auw after seeing that review by SRT I realy want a wheel for my 360 :( but I can't afford nor justify it since I allready have a G25. Damn G25 why can't u work on the 360! Microsoft is to blame I guess.

I'm still going to be thrilled when I get my Limited Edition the 27th though :D

I've been told I'm getting mine on the 23rd, or a day before because it's pre-ordered. Couple of days barely makes a difference though. :)

Euro release is 23rd or 24th; North America is 27th. iirc, Turn 10 is doing this because of some bitching from the euro-based fans. Not sure.