The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

Is it PETA that put down healthy animals to "save them" from animal shelters?
Yes.

Check out the PETA episode of "Bullshit!"

swallows.jpg

:lmao:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lmao:

had to read it couple times to understad it, as i'm not native english speaker

I don't get it.:(:|

"Well son, When you'll get older then you understand"

Is it PETA that put down healthy animals to "save them" from animal shelters?
They're very zealous about their euthanasia practices, but their stance against "no-kill" shelters is actually something I agree with (and the only thing I agree with PETA about), and they actually do have a point about most shelters and pounds being totally inhumane about their euthanasia.

/AHA-certified euthanasia technician and former animal shelter tech

and what's their stance against "no-kill" shelters?

/refuses to ever put PETA in a search engine

Yeah, story is clearly a photoshop, I'm an expert at these things.

edit: Thanks for the neg-rep, unnamed genius!

Last edited:
Yeah, story is clearly a photoshop, I'm an expert at these things.

Have you seen quite a few 'shops in your day? I suppose what gave it away were some of the pixels, huh? :lol:

and what's their stance against "no-kill" shelters?
That they're unfeasible to run, and the ones that do run (unless they're ultra-funded like Best Friends-UT or Stray Rescue-MO) all operate on a "selective eugenics" basis.

Unless they know for a fact that they can get a turnaround on your animal in a short amount of time, they aren't going to take it in, period. One county over, there aren't any "open admission" shelters operating in the entire county. Just small "no-kill" shelters and the pound. Guess what county also has the highest population of strays in the area? If people want to be rid of their animal, they're going to be rid of it; out of sight, out of mind, unfortunately.

At the shelter I worked at, people couldn't even be bothered to take their animals down the street when we were full. They would just leave them in the parking lot if we asked them to take them to another one of our shelters.

</spiel>

lol peach
I really want to believe that story's true. Even if it's artificial, it's still +0.001 to my faith in humanity.

I figured that would be it. And I agree, no kill shelters are tarded. All they do is make people who don't think about it feel good, they don't do anything good. Yeah, because having a million cats that will never get adopted and who will live in your little shelter for years before they die there is better than just euthanising them :rolleyes:

I've never heard of "no-kill" animal shelters, which is probably a good thing. The only major shelters we have over here are the RSPCA ones, and they are pretty good. We used to go there for boarding and vet checks with our cat, until they cut the services due to lack of funding (honestly, if they had have raised the prices, we would have still gone there- they were so nice and did a great job with my cat's leg surgery after he got hit by a car).

The only other places which sell animals are hten the pet shops, which is really annoying- they basically buy from "farms" that bredd so many babies it isn't funny and sned all the runts and "imperfect" ones over to the already at capacity RSPCA shelters.

We got my kitty from the RSPCA and he is the nicest cat I have ever come across- all the ones my friends have/had from pet shops are scared little things that refuse to go near you and bite all the time. O'Malley (my cat) is just a sook who loves people.

/rant about my cat <3

EDIT:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1M82BSBBWD1BH/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

this is the profile of the person who wrote the "swallows" shirt review. Some of their other comments are epic, especially the one about the wine thermometer :lol:

Last edited:
^ repost (page 750), but still hilarious :lol: