Moron posts stupid video, learns that the police can access youtube too.

I'm suprised so many members think its perfectly okay to soak pedestrians. It clearly is not a socially acceptable behaviour which is why it carries a fine.

Well, how about an acid test? Do you think that this is funny?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3hQC4-w9Mw[/YOUTUBE]

Because if you do, feel yourself being welcomed to the schadenfreude club :) You know that schadenfreude is the best of joy, because it is the most honest one? ;)

Last edited:
From the article above:

Sgt Gary Watson said:
"It could have potentially been that as well as splashing them, they ran them over, and then we would have had six or seven people dead at the roadside."

This shit-for-brains Sergent is equating a splash of cold water to vehicular homicide?

This is why no one can take the English seriously anymore.

Oh, and buried at the end of the article:

Miss Callard, a professional carer said that she had contacted the police herself after realising the furore the video had caused, and was due to give a statement to them.

She said that after driving on, they decided to go back and splash them, and recorded it because it was ~quite unusual.
"They were having fun in the bad weather," she said.
"The fun factor is mostly gone from life these days but they were playing in puddles, like kids always have done.
"If the kids weren't saying, 'Splash me, splash me,' I certainly wouldn't have done it.
She said the children were standing by the puddle waiting to be splashed, and she did not think that they were even waiting for a bus.
Right, a real menace to society, that one.

Last edited:
From the article above:

What? Ok, it was a stupid decision to make and both the driver and passenger are guilty of being douchebags, but this shit-for-brains Sergent is equating a splash of cold water to vehicular homicide?

Don't you get many puddles in Utah? Or is it lightweight cars you're short on?

Driving (one wheel) at speed into standing water, coupled with the road's camber could easily be enough to pull the vehicle off course... if only by a foot. Which is all the distance it would take to hit them.

Unlikely but possible.

As a kid, I personally witnessed my friend hit by a car and pinned against a fence as we waited for the school bus. It mounted the kerb after skidding on ice, which is not so very different from aquaplaning [wiki].

I'm familiar with hydroplaning. I also could see from the video that car was no where near fast enough to experience it. I've driven everything from a Honda Civic to a Toyota Land Cruiser in all kinds of weather. I've gone puddle jumping in Jeeps, Nissans, Volvos, Mercedes, Toyotas, Chevys and Pontiacs. I've never had a car hydroplane or lose control at the speed of the vehicle in the video.

From the article above:

This shit-for-brains Sergent is equating a splash of cold water to vehicular homicide?

Oh, and buried at the end of the article:

Right, a real menace to society, that one.
Alright, hypothetical time then. You're my age standing in the cold rain waiting for the school bus and some asshat decides it would be fun to drive through a giant puddle in front of you and gets you soaked. You now have to go through about 8 hours, my school day roughly, of sitting in class. You dry off about half way through the day and start to smell like wet dog. Wouldn't you be pissed off to no end, wanting this complete and utter asshole to deal with some payback. You had to sit through several classes before you are completely dry and you've had to sit in damp clothes that reek when they're dry. Wouldn't you want payback.

I've been through a similar situation in the lovely New England slush and I ended up hucking a snowball at the car, the guy stopped and I yelled at him for complete disregard for fellow road users safety but I still had to sit through the damp day and smelling like a wet dog afterward, It isn't fun!

Yes, I would be pissed as hell (I've been there), but that's not what happened here.

In this case the kids were out playing in the rain an jumping in puddles and asked the driver to splash them. Big difference.

Half the state departments here have youtube channels for posting videos and VicPol do monitor it for morons I beleive.

Read the article, hell I quoted the relevant sections already.

There, I went back and put the bit I think is important in boldface for you. The author has a shitty writing style, which might be intentional, who knows? If you read through the driver's side of the story it seems pretty clear that the kids asked her to splash them.

Last edited:
So they told the driver to splash them or did they overhear it and assume that they wanted to be splashed by the driver.

Yes, I would be pissed as hell (I've been there), but that's not what happened here.

In this case the kids were out playing in the rain an jumping in puddles and asked the driver to splash them. Big difference.
We do not know that. The only one who claim they were is the woman herself and believing her is not something I'm going to stretch myself to.

Well, how about an acid test? Do you think that this is funny?
A little. A TV-company dug a hole, filled it with mud and let people run into it and then compensate them for their ruined clothes and phones and for their permission and participation in the programme. Digging huge holes and filling them with muddy water is quite an elaborate trick which requires alot of hard work whereas puddles and cars are everywhere.

Skadegl?dje can be fun in real life when someone through their own stupidity causes something which hurts or makes the day more difficult for that person, or in television shows like Wipeout or any other show in which people voluntarily participates in. But I do not think random strangers soaking people they do not know, tossing people into muddy holes or assaulting people with boxing gloves in the street is fun in any way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pug
this thread amuses me greatly
Also, I like puddles and splashing through them at high speed. That is all

I was referring to the fact that we only have her word for it. :rolleyes:

I'm going to go all psychologist on your for a moment and say that we also have her actions. She immediately called the police herself after learning about the uproar over the splashing. This is entirely contradictory behavior to the personality type that would maliciously splash a bunch of children at a bus stop. That anti-social type would only laugh at the increased uproar they had caused. She, on the other hand, caused more problems for herself in an attempt to resolve the situation, this is not consistent with the actions or motivations of a malicious puddle-splasher.

I'm inclined to believe her story pending witness confirmation.

^Or she figured out that the kids she splashed might have read her license plate number and it was only a matter of time before the police would ask her to come in for questioning. Thus, if she gave herself away early, it looks better in the courts and to the cops, who would be more inclined to believe she didn't mean any harm. Also, she'd get to say her bit first (the bit about the kids asking for it) before the really serious complaints arrived. That way people would already be satisfied that a culprit was caught and not complain anymore.

Again, this could all just be a clever tactic used to diffuse the situation before it gets ugly. She's taking the fall anyway, so it's just a matter of how big a fall.

And I'm telling you that isn't the mindset of an antisocial personality. That person wouldn't care or even know that they had done something wrong.

She doesn't need an antisocial personality to have done it. Maybe something the kids did pissed her off and she wanted to get back at them. I'd beat up an asshole that really pissed me off and I'm not an antisocial personality. The fact that I'm not like that doesn't mean that I didn't do something wrong and illegal. And even if I did something illegal, I'd do everything in my power to swing the legal system in my favor should I be charged for a crime like that. Anyone would.

I'm going to go all psychologist on your for a moment and say that we also have her actions. She immediately called the police herself after learning about the uproar over the splashing. This is entirely contradictory behavior to the personality type that would maliciously splash a bunch of children at a bus stop. That anti-social type would only laugh at the increased uproar they had caused. She, on the other hand, caused more problems for herself in an attempt to resolve the situation, this is not consistent with the actions or motivations of a malicious puddle-splasher.

I'm inclined to believe her story pending witness confirmation.
No she fucking didn't. :lol:
She uploaded a video of it to youtube for fuck's sake!

You carry on in your armchair psychologist reverie... oblivious to any alternate viewpoints, as you appear to be. :rolleyes:

*/me unsubscribes*