Random Thoughts....

That's a lot to pay for the "privilege" of entering a shopping mall.

:nod:

A ticket for someone who lives in Southern California is $97 for a 1 day park hopper ticket, meaning Disneyland and California Adventureland. The pass would pay for itself in four visits. That is how I look at it.

Last edited:
i dont read nuthin that dont come on the side of a cereal box, ya'll hear?

of course, there was nothing to read when I made that post - I still haven't gotten the hang of temporal omniscience - and whatever dudeman, looked like apartments to me

It is raining here, I'm not sure which I like more...fall rain or spring rain.

:nod:

A ticket for someone who lives in Southern California is $97 for a 1 day park hopper ticket, meaning Disneyland and California Adventureland. The pass would pay for itself in four visits. That is how I look at it.

If you can do both Disneyland and California Adventures in one day, you aren't doing either of them properly. But yes, those passes pay for themselves quite quickly if you live in the area.

Oh I know you can't do both parks in one day, but a single ticket to one park is $72. So... $20 more to see the other park for a few hours isn't that bad of an idea but still ridiculous.

Yea, the $100 doesn't include parking either which I think is $15. So in the end, the $429 is absurdly priced, but if you go four times in the year you already got your worth out of the pass. :dunno:

Oh I know you can't do both parks in one day, but a single ticket to one park is $72. So... $20 more to see the other park for a few hours isn't that bad of an idea but still ridiculous.

Yea, the $100 doesn't include parking either which I think is $15. So in the end, the $429 is absurdly priced, but if you go four times in the year you already got your worth out of the pass. :dunno:

Or you can sleep an extra 2 hours in the morning and then hit one park or the other until they chase you out.

I don't recall how much parking was when I was there last, but it doesn't seem like $15. In fact I don't remember any cash coming out.

... I think our driver had a pass, now that I think about it. In fact, I get the distinct feeling I was the only person WITHOUT a pass.

I can see the red light camera getting people from my window :p

Last edited:
I have hardly any time to get on here of late, or online at all atm. I get home after spending all day minding other people kids and doing all the written work afterwards and then just crash. My head / eyes can't bear to look at a screen. Never mind. Spending most of my time IRL is probably much healthier. LOL! One week of my work placement to go and then it's normal classes again, meaning more time / energy for internets. YAY! :D

Redback Spiders love a deadly affair

FEMALE redback spiders eat male mates who do not spend enough time on foreplay.

To keep cranky females happy, their partners have to spend about 100 minutes on courtship, doing things such as vibrating their webs and rubbing their tummies.

But once the fickle babes are brought to a peak of amorous and receptive behaviour, they will let a stray male mate with them even if he hasn't done any courting at all.

If he's quick, he can do the business and then run off before she gets a chance to eat him.

Research by Maydianne Andrade and Jeffrey Stoltz of the University of Toronto in Canada found Australian redbacks chose males based on a courtship duration threshold.

If the first male did not spend enough time wooing the female, she would eat him before he had a chance to mate.

But they found that once the female's courtship demands were met, other males could take advantage of the efforts of the first male.

"Thus females apparently do not distinguish which male is the source of the stimulatory courtship," they said in Proceedings of the Royal Society.

"Females respond by limiting male mating opportunities with a severity that depends on courtship investment."

The scientists think their work may have clarified why clusters of males are seen around some females when other females remain uncontested.

Males may know they can do better with females if they stick together.

"Effectively, this means that there may be selection for smaller males or those in poor body condition to seek out, rather than avoid, competitive situations in nature," the researchers said.

0,,7089814,00.jpg

Doesn't surprise me, Oxy-acetylene leak + confined space + ignition source = big boom.

A friend of mine's older brother found that out 5-6 years ago when he (drunkenly) decided to see what would happen if he chucked something similar into bonfire. Had to go to emergency to have a piece of shrapnel extracted from his upper arm + stitches.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one got hurt from this one. I know some of the houses were damaged (one of the guys in articles is in the same year level as me at school) but that explosion was massive.

I has 100 raep powah!!

Well, I'm glad I woke up in time to do my homework.

Oops.

media365803.jpg

Lol dumbest ad ever from a website

it's one of those auto generated ones..

Look at the text on the "cheque"...

So anyway, my sister who I love dearly, will be taking a trip to The America with a few of her friends. It's been planned for a while now. I've told her to eat at White Castle and then give me a detailed account. Also, same deal for In 'N' Out Burger for when she's way out west. I want her to take pics of the Woolworth building, Penn Station and other some old buildings too. In addition to that I want her to taste some caffeinated Mountain Dew and some of that Dr Pepper that's made from real sugar. Basically, it's all about me living vicariously because I've always wanted to visit the United States but right now I haven't got the money and there's no way they'd let me through customs anyway.

I have a point, though and this is it: Yesterday I asked her "how do you plan to get around?" Turns out they are renting a car. "Ooooh" I thinks to meself "I like cars. Say more words about cars!"

Anyway, they all like the idea of getting a convertible. I myself am really not a rag-top kinda guy but I do understand the draw. However. And it's a big enough however that it gets a new paragraph.

However: They're getting a bloody Chrysler Sebring. I really want to meddle in her businesses and force her to get something decent.

Must. Resist. Urge.

Last edited: