Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bottom of the page you will now see it say Web1 or Web2 based on which is generating the page for you.

Just got this while viewing the New Posts:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /var/www/hosted/finalgear.com/forums/htdocs/search.php(3016) : eval()'d code on line 1

Reloaded the page and all is back to normal though.

Fixed that, shouldn't happen any more.

No you didnt :p

FGNewToys.png

That happens when I try to view the New Toys thread.
Opera 10 In Windows XP. Logged in.

Last edited:
Can I suggest making a sticky thread for each of the three TG presenters in the "Host Shows" subforum where links are presented in a list? Might make it a bit easier than trawling through each page looking for them :)

No you didnt :p

*Snip*

That happens when I try to view the New Toys thread.
Opera 10 In Windows XP. Logged in.

That's been happening to me for a long time on random threads using FF 3.5.3 (or whatever the latest version was at any time). Quiky already knows about that but unfortunately nothing has cured it yet. Can't say I remember seeing it while on Windows 7.

Uhm, fail :|

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2009/10/25/fail_000.jpg

Edit: I didn't have any errors for ages before this.
I've just had this on another thread. I had random blank pages on different threads for a few days now, meaning that when I click a thread, the whole page just stays white. After a reload, the page always appeared. Now, for the first time, I got to see the source code just like above, which also was cured by a reload.

More importantly, what's going on with her taskbar? That looks properly broken.

I'm recently getting CSS weirdness in Firefox, works fine in Chrome.
Any time the URL is containing a sub-directory the entire layout is broken, as in no CSS loaded. For example this page works (http://forums.finalgear.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=14374), while my CP doesn't (http://forums.finalgear.com/usercp/).

The only 404 I get when loading the CP is caused by L19: @import url("clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-86706997-00010.css");
...which actually refers to /usercp/clientscript/etc instead of /clientscript/bla.
Two lines below that there is a proper css import, no idea why Firefox won't use that. Chrome just ignores the @import altogether.

this is what I see.

Im shutting off all extra modifications until we find the problem. We are back to using apache(as of saturday), so any "nginx" issues should have been resolved..

I have noticed that most users that are having problems with the forum throwing up garbage or other random crap are from countries other than the USA. Could this have some bearing on the problems? Stuff getting lost in transit, etc...?

Im shutting off all extra modifications until we find the problem. We are back to using apache(as of saturday), so any "nginx" issues should have been resolved..

Can you also fix the @import css url? Pwwwweease? :)

I suggest a seperate sub-forum for microsoft consoles and games should be made... same for sony and nintendo... and pc games..

or just a games sub-forum under entertainment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.