Random Thoughts....

So on top of me looking younger than I am. I went and shaved off my goatee today and now I look a good 6 years younger.

But my chin is wicked cold now.

Getting up at 5:45 because you need the 6:45 train to get to work because account management planned your appointment without checking train schedules and stuff SUCKS. And I have to take the train because the highway connecting me there is closed off because of maintenance to 2 tunnels.

Those on the A73? :blink: I am quite annoyed by that too.

I thought you live near Eindhoven, why would you need to go through Roermond from there? There is only like 3 towns between that stretch

Thanks to my uncle who works for Airbus, i have found out the dimension of a bird required for testing bird strikes

Mass: 4lb (1.81kg) bird
Diameter: 120mm
Length: 208mm
Relative Density: 0.96

I have no idea what i'm going to do with this information, but i'm glad i know it. :sleep:

I thought you live near Eindhoven, why would you need to go through Roermond from there? There is only like 3 towns between that stretch

I *used* to live in Eindhoven yes, but I moved to the south of Limburg earlier this year.

I wish there was a way to ignore entire threads. There's one that constantly pops up and making my little gear red when I don't give a damn.

^The "demotivators." I'm sorry. It was kind of clever for maybe 20-30 pages but after that it's just... not. I don't want them to come over here and yell at me for "spoiling the fun" but someone has to say it. It's REALLY bad! It's pushing time for series 14 and I dread them having new material to ruin. :-(

Just got a check from the state gov't for the interest accrued on my tax refund since they mailed it to me about 5 months late, it was for 15 cents. The original refund was for 5 dollars.

OK. Joined Twitter.
I am now following Stephen Fry and Jonathan Ross.

What else do I do?:blink:

there's a "mark all topics read" button that may help.
Unless someone else posts in the demotivators thread, then you're fucked

OK. Joined Twitter.

AusteresPants!

Beyond that, it's more fun when you slowly find groups/people you enjoy. I followed/unfollowed a lot when I first joined. Let's see, topgear has a feed, so do a couple of the Mythbusters guys. Wil Wheaton is interesting. What are you interested in?

I just doubleclick the red gear and it goes gray, but someone posts all the freaking time. You also can't tell if it's just that thread or if there's perhaps something interesting below you actually DO want to read. Oy. I just think it needs to be taken into some kind of private correspondence. There are only a small handful of people using the thread but posting ungodly numbers of big images that drag down even my broadband.

Last edited:
AusteresPants!

Beyond that, it's more fun when you slowly find groups/people you enjoy. I followed/unfollowed a lot when I first joined. Let's see, topgear has a feed, so do a couple of the Mythbusters guys. Wil Wheaton is interesting. What are you interested in?

I'm basically just following a load of people now :p(including you as of 3 seconds ago)

How do you tweet someone?
Jesus...I'm such a n00b!:blush:

I'm basically just following a load of people now :p(including you as of 3 seconds ago)

To tweet to the world in general you type in the box at the top.

To tweet to a person specifically, begin the tweet with @USERNAME or from their home page click the little gear and choose "@ mention USERNAME."

To reply to a specific tweet hover over on the right hand side and a little gray arrow will appear. Click it. This will look just like the above method but will retain a reference to the tweet you want to reply to.

Also, Twitter's help page is better than most. It's worth a browse. I know most help pages are crap, but this one is surprisingly good.

Last edited:

Include @[theirusername] somewhere in your post--usually at the beginning.

There's also a direct message option that e-mails them, but I think you have to go onto your following list and use the drop-down menu next to their username (click the icon, "send DM to [username], IIRC) to send one of those.

- trying to remember layout stuff without opening Twitter because her internet connection is rubbish right now

^The "demotivators." I'm sorry. It was kind of clever for maybe 20-30 pages but after that it's just... not. I don't want them to come over here and yell at me for "spoiling the fun" but someone has to say it. It's REALLY bad! It's pushing time for series 14 and I dread them having new material to ruin. :-(
Oh that thread... Yeah, I agree. Quality over Quantity seems to be a concept that has eluded them.

OK. Joined Twitter.

I'll make an update just for you. I'll try to blow the doors off on this one.:cool:

There are a million new ones every second and they're all pretty much the same as the last. They're like cells.:mrgreen: