Stupid Driver Stories

Well, if the cyclist is on the road and not on the cycle path, without lights at night and on the wrong side of the road coming right at you, I don't see how the car driver get any fault.
Please note that I said "almost always". ;)

Now with winter time, it's suddenly dark outside. Yesterday I encountered countless cyclists without lights...

Yesterday a Porsche Cayman tried to overtake me (on my bicycle) on a speed bump (with my car which has much more ground clearance, I generally take the speed bumps on that particular road at 20 kph). That resulted in some nasty noise as the car made ground contact with something else than its wheels...

So a few of you have mentioned honking/flashing/waving at these idiot drivers. Anyone ever actually confront someone?

Oh yes. Several times. If I was ale to.

But I always tried to make it sound ironical or sarcastic. I didn't swear or start shouting. That's not my way. Witty remarks can be much more effective.

At a local supermarket a BMW was parked on one of the spaces for the handicapped without the necessary pass behind the windscreen. I was shopping there with a friend and saw the guy return to his car and it was clear that he was not handicapped at all. So when we walked past him, I said out loud to my friend to make sure the BMW driver could hear me: "Must be a mental handicap".

On another occasion I was following a colleague on the way to work. He never indicated. So when we arrived at the company, I told him: "If I were you, I would drive to the garage immediately after work." "Why?", he asked surprised. I said: "Because your indicators are broken".

And then there was the woman in a Renault Twingo, who used up two parking spaces. I just walked by and said smiling: "It's really hard to park these cars, isn't it?"

Then there was the woman in an older Mercedes who thought I stole her parking space. Only I was indicating and she wasn't, so I slipped in before she could. She freaked completely out and shouted at me (women are getting more and more aggressive in traffic here). So I walked to her car, after I locked mine, and calmly asked her: "I suppose you have one of those levers on the left side of your steering wheel? Use it, if you wanna park".

Needless to say, that I never got a coherent reply to my comments. So I walked away. However, that woman I mentioned above kept swearing and calling me names.
I don't want to offend any female forum members now but I think there are moments, when the female mouth seems to work completely independent from the brain ;) A man usually notices in time, when he is about to make a clod of himself (unless he is drunk). But women often seem to be determined to completely and utterly embarrass themselves.

Just once I got an aggressive reaction from another driver, because I made the thumbs down gesture and shook my head at him at a traffic light, after he cut me off shortly before.

It was a Friday and obviously he was a navy soldier from Eastern Germany on his way home, as I could tell by his haircut and his number plate. But that didn't prevent him from following me to the parking lot of my company, where we obviously wanted to have a fight o at least threaten me.

Only when he saw that I was about a head taller than him and about twice as heavy, he resorted to asking if I had a problem. I said "No, but you will have one, if you don't get into your car again and get lost", I replied and left him standing.

Last edited:
By Finnish standards, that's terrible driving. :p

By German standards, too. But I suppose that guy was full with alcohol. And that is the Finnish way again ;)

Last edited:
By German standards, too. But I suppose that guy was full with alcohol. And that is the Finnish way again ;)

On drugs as well as drunk, to get that bit of international feel. :p

Six months' jail time + banned from driving for 15 mths. Stolen car.

You know, by American standards, that's a pretty pathetic car chase...

...because there wasn't a whole lot of shooting and PITing? :p
That was actually pretty awesome, especially when he's going the wrong way doing 175 kph, and his ass wobbling...

why did he run in the first place?

...because there wasn't a whole lot of shooting and PITing? :p
That was actually pretty awesome, especially when he's going the wrong way doing 175 kph, and his ass wobbling...

why did he run in the first place?

I'm not sure that's what the numbers down there meant - that didn't look a damned thing like 65mph much less over 100. Rates of overtaking were too slow (and trust me, I know what overtaking at those speeds looks like - I do it every day)

Just so you know Interceptor, all the cops in your little video were fired and/or prosecuted. Not exactly par for the course.

Last edited:
Just so you know Interceptor, all the cops in your little video were fired and/or prosecuted. Not exactly par for the course.

The one thing I really despise, are cops beating the crap out of helpless people -- no matter what those people did before and no matter how high the adrenaline level is.

And if it was up to me, those cops would be driven naked through town with a bullwhip live on TV, with names, addresses and telephone numbers of them displayed.

Last edited:
I agree and I'm glad they were all fired. They tried to whine about how they had previous spotless records, families, awards, and all kinds of crap, but the whole story is much, much worse than what you see up there. NO ONE reported it. It was discovered when the dashcam footage was submitted to the defense attorneys for the man ejected from the car, who was being tried for whatever he was fleeing from. He was completely unconscious at the time and didn't even know all that had occurred. The original dashcam footage stopped when the car rolled, but when that was damaged in some way the defense asked for another copy and that included what you see above.

[YOUTUBE]9djEqJpl_Zs[/YOUTUBE]

Holy shit.

He stopped before the spike strip? Pussy. In this country you run on flat tires and shoot sparks all over. It looks good for the camera.