Random Thoughts....

now my avvy is back to pre-holloween status.

no wait holdon a minute

You may be right, because when you listen to it doesn't sound "seventies" like how how an Alan Parson produced album would sound.
That is mostly in part because of the lead guitarist, who instead of putting mic's in front of the speakers, would just plug the amplifiers directly into the soundboard, and use that to shape the tone and color of the music. That album changed how rock and metal would sound; listen the first Van Halen album to hear how they copied it.

Another album similar is Iron Maiden's "Somewhere In Time", which is sounds like nothing else out there. The best word I can think of is gigantic.

I remember reading something to the effect that the guitarist also purchased a 4 track recorder and put it in his basement to practice mixing before doing the final mix for the album.

Oh, and congrats on the anniversary :cheers:

Hmm, I'm trying to decide whether to buy this:

srh840-0.jpg

or

reddragon.bmp

As a little treat for myself.

Ahhhhhhhh, my fix is back. Final Gear, oh how I missed thee.

nsx, I'd love a DS myself, but can't afford it. I say go for it.

I'm keen on trying out the Shure headphones as well though.....even if it will cost more than a DS + case + R4 card....

Funnily enough, that red dragon edition is actually cheaper than a plain NDS lite on ebay.....

I don't see myself constantly gaming on the go with the NDS, but then I probably won't lug the headphones around all the time either. If I get the NDS it'll be for plane trips and stuff.

Speaking of which, how do you know which version of the R4 card to get?

lol, the printer here has printed a million sheets....

On a sidenote the samsung clx-6210fx I bought the other day is excellent.

Just pulled my G15 apart and cleaned it for the first time since I bought it.

That was nasty.

Ohhhhh a year and a half?

what took you so long, things like that killed my lappy

what took you so long, things like that killed my lappy

It's a G15. It's indestructible. I've spilled coke on it, water on it, etc. And it's still working like new.

So people, what should I buy?

^ I second DS. I am playing mine right now

i say headphones, you will more likely use them quite a bit more that the DS.

on a unrelated note, Final Fantasy X is looooooong (why yes i have a lot of old games i have never bothered to finish)

What was with the random site downtime?

headphones.

and my eReader didn't arrive today. poo. I want it to get here so I can read Kafka for my book club :lol: