Random Thoughts....

katwalk, which microSD card adapter/hax thingy are you using?

Gassac, I already have like 5 pairs of headphones and IEMs, so its just an indulgence....

Readjusted the avatar for Thanksgiving. Wolves love howling at pumpkin pies.

Mmmm, pumpkin pie. :)

I don't really get Thanksgiving. For one, I'm not fond of the food (exceptions: devilled eggs and pumpkin/pecan/cream pies--lots of whipped cream, plz). Two, shouldn't you be thankful for what you have everyday?

Yeah, yeah, pilgrims, Indians, some fantastic moment in American history, silly buckled hats, etc., etc.--but I'm tired of being looked at like a pariah because I'm the picky kid who has to have something special.

Best Thanksgiving ever: the one where we had lasagna. But that was with one of my mom's friends, and with my family, it's always "well, we just have to have turkey on Thanksgiving..." BS. I want steak. (I don't like ham, either.)

I also find it weird that I can say "BS" around my parents, but not "WTF," even though I claim that the F is for "fudge," but there really isn't anything else I can say that S is...

Now I want devilled eggs. Mmmmm, devilled eggs.

omg devilled eggs. Brilliant idea. I just requested them from my parents for our melbourne cup lunch tomorrow. We're having a very casual lounging about watching the tv type of day, unlike last year's '2 girls 1 cup day' (officially the best name for a party EVER) where my sister and I hosted a full on cocktail party.

I don't like turkey and ham either, but thankfully my family makes some rocking sides. My family here has finally shut up about what I do and don't eat (I never complain about it), but when I lived in VA they used to make me batty. Just let me eat what I put on my plate and shut the heck up. I'm CLEARLY not going hungry folks.

It has become apparent just how silly my jelly bean habits are now that I've put them in my gumball machine (which is actually a Jelly Belly bean machine). It's not a subconscious thing turning the dial and hearing them fall down the thing like eating them from the bag was. :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/11/01/DSC03607.JPG

Last edited:
Dear Mom,
No I will NOT "friend" you on Facebook. Not only do I hate Facebook, but it's none of your business. I don't care how much you throw hints or guilt at me, I will NOT friend you on Facebook. I will wear clothes you like, I'll buy furniture you like, and I'll let you hang pictures in my condo, but if you invade one more part of my life, I swear I'll kick you out of all of it. Geeeeeeeepers.

Sincerely,
Not taking your hints

Dear Mom,
No I will NOT "friend" you on Facebook. Not only do I hate Facebook, but it's none of your business. I don't care how much you throw hints or guilt at me, I will NOT friend you on Facebook. I will wear clothes you like, I'll buy furniture you like, and I'll let you hang pictures in my condo, but if you invade one more part of my life, I swear I'll kick you out of all of it. Geeeeeeeepers.

Sincerely,
Not taking your hints

Funny, I just spent ah hour loading pictures on my mothers' freshly set up facebook. She told me "I want to put some pictures on facebook" and hands me a pile of actual prints, which I had to scan, crop, edit, save, upload and add her silly captions to because she doesn't know how to do any of it. It was doubly annoying because facebook has changed its upload scheme since I last uploaded photos and everything was not where it was when I last used it so I had to hunt around to find how to do everything on their end.

:?

Last edited:
Oh I set up my mom's account and uploaded a bunch of pictures of her too. I don't care if SHE is on Facebook one iota. But damnit she is NOT going to get into my "personal space" online. It's the only space I have left.

I also had to go through and fix where my mom initially registered using a FAKE NAME. Then she couldn't work the "send me my password" feature to go and fix the fake name. Oh and that fake name? Tied in with her very distinctive email she's had for 10+ years. Really bright mom!

omg devilled eggs. Brilliant idea. I just requested them from my parents for our melbourne cup lunch tomorrow. We're having a very casual lounging about watching the tv type of day, unlike last year's '2 girls 1 cup day' (officially the best name for a party EVER) where my sister and I hosted a full on cocktail party.

think of us poor people from Monash sitting an exam

Same. I'm at uni atm studying with friends....:(

I HATE CONTROL SYSTEMS!

I love my mom, but sometimes it just weirds me out that she's on facebook.

I try to keep mine pretty clean and all just because I don't want to put eeeeeverything (or anything too potentially embarrassing) on the Internet, but dang.

So, um, kudos for turning down the add request if that weirds you out, too.

I remember when facebook was limited to college kids. Seemed a lot more fun and less sketchy then.

I kinda want a sammich now. I know if I go to the Subway next to campus, I'll be disappointed, but dang it. I guess it's sammich day.

And then I'll get mad at myself for blowing my last few bucks for the week on a half-arsed sammich made with a plasticky substance where the cheese should go. Grr. I can't win.

Last edited:
I've learnt to like subway.

Its better than Mcdonalds, KFC and Hungary Jack's I suppose.

Today's a public holiday, so nothing at uni is open :( gotta drive out everytime i want to get food.

I'm trying to decide which commerce unit to do next year as my interfaculty unit - Marketing, or management? Whichvever one has the least amount of learning is the one I'll go for. Marketing is the hot favorite at the moment.

I've learnt to like subway.

Its better than Mcdonalds, KFC and Hungary Jack's I suppose.

Today's a public holiday, so nothing at uni is open :( gotta drive out everytime i want to get food.

I'm trying to decide which commerce unit to do next year as my interfaculty unit - Marketing, or management? Whichvever one has the least amount of learning is the one I'll go for. Marketing is the hot favorite at the moment.

Today isn't a public holiday, just nobody shows up to work...

Go for an IT unit :p

Aaaaah, good ol' forums, you're back!!!!!! *glomps forums*

well that CAFS exam was interesting- not. Pretty sure I really fucked up the last 15 mark question too. Oh well, this time in 48 hours my HSC is over!!!!!!!! :D

My bad. I've lost track of time thanks to engineering exams.

Aircraft propulsion exam was mind-blowing.

Hidden hunter, which units did your brother do for aero?

Re: Mom and Facebook.

One of my friends recently had his life ruined because his sister showed his mom his facebook, which is where we plan all our recreation. His mom is a fucking hoverparent - despite the fact that he's fucking 22 years old. The worst part is that she tries to parent all of his friends, too. It got to the point where I will no longer go into his house while she's there. Period. I just will not do it. I don't want to hear from SOMEBODY ELSE'S MOM how I need to check my oil and tire pressure and turn down my radio, and drive more carefully through the neighborhood and etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Furthermore, I *REALLY* don't need her stealing his phone, getting my phone number, and calling an alcohol abuse hotline and giving them my information because I drove her fucking son home from the fucking bar five times in a week.

She wonders why her son is a raging alcoholic and a manwhore and does everything he can to never go home - up to and including sleeping with people who are nominally far outside his comfort zone and standards. It's because going home in the evening is a painful, inconvenient, unproductive experience. In order to remedy this situation, she banned him from driving, including to work and to school, and "she will drive him". That lasted all of a day before he'd established a network of alternative rides - to everywhere BUT home.

He's been at home perhaps 20 minutes in the past 2 weeks - all in the middle of the night to sneak in and grab changes of clothes before fleeing again.

This is not what parenting is about - especially when your kid is too old to be parented anyway.

Why is he still living at home???? Most 22 year olds live in their own houses or apartments and have jobs; and don't have to answer to their parental units.