NCIS/NCIS Los Angeles

On the CBS message boards someone posted an article from the New York Post which mentions some possible future storylines and/or guest shots, which I'll put in spoiler tags since one is related to the 10/13 episode.

In no order:

--- Gibbs' boat makes an appearance....as a crucial piece of evidence in a murder investigation.

--- We may actually see another part of Gibbs' home besides the basement.

--- McGee gets a romantic relationship. Abby will not be pleased.

--- Another Halloween episode finds the team investigating the death of a joke-playing Marine.

--- The LA team discovers a woman with a link to Director Vance's past. She'll be making an appearance in both shows.

--- A blackout hits the city, forcing the team to work without pretty much everything in Abby's lab.

--- the article alludes to Ziva being the new Probie. "Good Cop, Bad Cop" will answer that question.

--- Mike Franks returns. Hopefully we get an appearance by Fornell this season.

Well it's official

Special Agent Ziva David.

^^ :D

I wonder what Tony will call poor McGee now. :lol:

UP NEXT: The Halloween episode, "Code of Conduct."

[YOUTUBE]aBIvXaO8WZQ[/YOUTUBE]

The spoiler guy from Entertainment Weekly suggests we're also getting Thanksgiving and Christmas-themed episodes.

Meanwhile, back in LA, the team gets a little help with a case. I hope they have plenty of Caf-Pow:

[YOUTUBE]bEaUfnEawUs[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, NCIS LA actually looks more interesting than regular NCIS this time round.

I didn't have a chance to catch the episodes first-run and ended up taping them.

The Halloween ep was OK. You could figure out the conclusion once DiNozzo claimed he knew was the murderer (because at that point you'd know he'd be wrong).

Jimmy Palmer getting Gibbs-slapped was unexpected, yet quite funny. You could probably count on one hand the people who haven't been Gibbs-slapped in the series.

Probie Ziva....:D I loved the ending of the episode.

One final thought: who the hell dressed up as the Jonas Brothers, and what exactly happened that made Vance ban costumes in the office? There's probably a fanfic out there somewhere with that plot.

As for the LA episode, not bad. I thought the Abby appearance would have been more than just her appearing on a videoscreen (although several sites are reporting she'll be in LA for real in November). Apparently, we also haven't seen the last of Kelly Hu's character, as she'll be turning up in DC (and will probably be killed to death by Gibbs or Vance) in a November episode.

No new shows this week; "Deliverance" from Season Six will be followed by the first LA episode "Identity."

WTF? Why is there no new show this week? I never have understood the miracle that is the U.S. television season, maybe someone can enlighten me?

EDIT: Double-WTF, House seems to be on a two-week break?

Last edited:
^^ FOX will be airing the World Series, so most of their programming will either be repeats or pre-empted.

In the US, November is referred to as "sweeps month" for television. The networks pretty much fight for ratings/bragging rights by airing new episodes with big plots or recognizable guest stars, or by premiering new shows. Once Thanksgiving rolls around some shows will have a new episode or two (one most likely having a holiday theme) but generally there's not a lot of new stuff until January.

How can you have a NCIS L.A. when the Navy doesn't have a base in L.A.?

^^ FOX will be airing the World Series, so most of their programming will either be repeats or pre-empted.

In the US, November is referred to as "sweeps month" for television. The networks pretty much fight for ratings/bragging rights by airing new episodes with big plots or recognizable guest stars, or by premiering new shows. Once Thanksgiving rolls around some shows will have a new episode or two (one most likely having a holiday theme) but generally there's not a lot of new stuff until January.

Is this time -until january- the mid-season hiatus or will that be later on?

For the most part, yes. Some shows tend to rely on repeats at that time. With NCIS, considering the somewhat high number of episodes per season the break between new episodes tends to not be as long.

Preview for Nov. 3's episode, "Outlaws and Inlaws":

[YOUTUBE]6jdEqiDbvo4[/YOUTUBE]

This episode marks the first time Abby was unable to figure something out...

...but maybe, some secrets are made to never be found out.

^^ Considering what the "secret" is, not even Abby is going to find out. :D Maybe in the final episode ever we'll find out, but for now Gibbs' secret is safe.

The return of Cpl. Damon Werth (from the fifth season episode "Corporal Punishment") was a nice surprise. DiNozzo was a bit out of character with his quoting Rush Limbaugh at the beginning (in regards to Ziva trying to gain citizenship), but I like the fact that Gibbs and Vance don't seem to be at odds with each other as much as last season.

Speaking of Vance, he gets the spotlight in this week's episode, featuring a unresolved plot from his recent LA appearance:

[YOUTUBE]LPX5oVinCvw[/YOUTUBE]

The LA episode looks good as well:

[YOUTUBE]98qRgZPqmzQ[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a bit of a treat: a recent radio interview with Michael Weatherly.

Damn I didn't expect the ending. Kelly Hu was so awesome.

The bit where she's in the car, I totally thought she was gonna shoot the Director's wife.

Now that was a fun episode.... seems like Tony & Ziva a growing closer again in a not-only-friendsy way.
On a sidenote, i find it a bit disappointing that McGee's love interests always turn out as bogus. His character is played in a "O'Brien must suffer"-way lately... with the bond between Abby and him still strong the writers could as well have them have a very nerdy romance again (for those newer to NCIS, they had an affair in season two) or have McGee finally find someone and use Abby's jealousy for comic relief.

ANYWAYS, enough relationship talk... Kelly Hu was better than i thought she'd be as an assasin and once again an angry woman saves the day by shooting to kill, not unlike last week.

This was a pretty decent episode. The twist with McGee's crush was interesting, and it should be interesting seeing if Abby's jealousy was a one-time deal or if there's something else going on.

Here's the promo for "Power Down." It looks like we have a rare (for this season) appearance of the Autopsy Gremlin!

[YOUTUBE]QmuvIaMJKls[/YOUTUBE]

I need to get back on he NCIS train. It's not very realistic at times and very formulaic but the actors are brilliant and it's always well paced. Think I stopped at season 5! Gotta catch up!

The season 5 finale is gold, DO NOT skip over it. It's one of the best episodes of the series.