Forza Motorsport 3

I play with interior view for all my non-serious races (free play, or when I have a huge lead) because I feel that it's the most immersive way to play Forza. For most cars it's great, but when I drove the Pug 908 for the first time, having a grey box where the speedo and tach should've been was kind of disappointing. After the first few minutes I stop noticing though.

That and the Pug 908 is almost impossible to see out of to the right side :p

It's impossible to see anything from any side with that car lol. The windshield on it is tiny. It might just be because I've got the FOV set to 70 degrees.

I've got mine set to 80. But that seems about right for normal human FOV

Version 2 is out. :) The font is for real now!
2hdw8yx.jpg

Search for FinalGear

If you'd like it in another colour, let me know and I'll gift it to you.

And if you are one of the four people who downloaded it before I posted, the version you have my be a bit off. Re-download for the correct italics.

Last edited:
That looks really nice. Just a question. How long does it take to make a logo? How long to make a full livery? I've never made a livery or even a simple logo because it seems like it'll take a really long time. I'll try one of these days...

It usually takes me anywhere from a few to several hours to do my designs (both vinyls and liveries). I stick to pretty simple stuff, though.

In Forza 2, I was initially too overwhelmed to try and make custom vinyls, but then I sat down and made a simple British number plate. It looked okayish, and after a while I didn't like it, so I sat down and made an Italian one. I learned from my experiences with the first and improved. I did another Italian plate in F3, and most recently a German plate. With that fourth plate, I had gained quite a bit of skill. Now my German plate is one of the top selling German plates on Forza. European plates are quick and simple, and are a great way to learn the ropes of the design system.

Last edited:
Darkshark, you're pretty good at the whole forza painting thing, are you taking requests?

I'd kill for a nice florida highway patrol 2002 camaro, but i dont have the talent, or the 30,000,000 credits it takes to buy well-done liveries these days :(. Do you think you could make one for a reasonable price? (Plus gratitude, plus rep :) )

(I could make something that looks a bit like it, but i wish a very true-to-life version existed, is what i'm getting at)

Heres some source pictures:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/FHP-Camaro.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3c/FHP_Logo.jpg/250px-FHP_Logo.jpg
(door logo)

http://i19.tinypic.com/4zk07pk.jpg
(This ones been re-painted on the sides, but is the best picture i've found of where the tan ends and black begins on the hatch-facia divide)

http://www.camaro-b4c.de/garbage/80/802916/big_8191263_0_300-225.jpg

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attac.../149834d1223477749-gun-rack-camaro-b4c-1-.jpg
(motivation :) / Interior shot for no reason)

I Realize this is a big project to take on, but i think a livery this bad-ass requires a talented hand, and i'm sure it would make you a lot of money. Thanks, weither you do or don't do it.

Last edited:
^Yeah sure. I can probably give that a shot sometime in the near future. Since it's only a single logo, it shouldn't be too time consuming.

Anyone else notice the horsepower gauge in the Veyron stays at 1000 even under heavy braking ?

I guess I'm not the only one then. That makes two of us waiting for it lol. :cool: Anyway, I agree that there's some stuff that's really messed up with the interiors. I think it all depends on who makes the car and how he's feeling that day. For example the ZR-1 even has a working odometer, and a bunch of other cars display the time on the HUD. Then you have a car as legendary as the Veyron, and the HP gauge doesn't work... It's the same as PGR4. It had some interiors that were really well done, while some ones were complete garbage (R8 comes to mind).

Also, I haven't seen any press releases or anything, but I think it's fairly obvious that Hyundai is also sponsoring T10. Just look at the New York track. Every second billboard has a picture of the Genesis Coupe, and now we have a free DLC for it. Kinda reminds me of what Nissan did with Forza 2 and the free Nissan DLC.

Yeah, we got it already. :p

Yeah... When I first got the E92 Bimmer and saw there wasn't any dash whatsoever...I thought hmm...must be "secret" info BMW doesn't want to give out or something? And then I got the Peugeot 908 and thought..well hey that can't be a coincidence...

I'm honestly starting to think nobody at Turn 10 are actual race fans or car enthusiasts... So much of this game was half assed that I don't think anybody really into cars would have really let it slide one way or the other.

Harumpf.

blame microsoft. they pushed T10 to release the game this early. given 3 more months, it would've been an entirely new story

Darkshark, can you make a post in the Storefront Thread in the social group when you have time, would be nice to see some more examples of the stuff you sell and pricings.

Same for everyone else, you might've missed the post but YF19pilot has created a thread for showcasing your storefront. List what you've got for sale along with some example images there. Mine's up so you can use that as an example.

I only use interior view so the interiors are important to me. Z06 without the odometer is disappointing, but there are some things I like, the VW Rabbit rev counter that hits the stop before the end of the rev range if you upgrade the engine.

Last edited:
Has anyone upgraded a street car to R3 spec, or higher, yet? I upgraded a Acura NSX to R3 and the braking on it was just awful. No matter what settings I made to the suspension, aero, alignment, nothing made it in the neghborhood of descent. I am talking braking before any shut down markers at every turn on Sebring. Really bad.

Has anyone upgraded a street car to R3 spec, or higher, yet? I upgraded a Acura NSX to R3 and the braking on it was just awful. No matter what settings I made to the suspension, aero, alignment, nothing made it in the neghborhood of descent. I am talking braking before any shut down markers at every turn on Sebring. Really bad.

Are you using ABS? If so lower it down to about 70-75% pressure and it should help. Also shift about 2-3% of the braking to the rear to take advantage of the increased downforce and tire size in the back.

Hooray. Just posted the 22nd fastest lap on the non chicained version of Le Mans. And only one of 2 people in the top 35 who didn't use any form of traction control :p

Weird...most people used ABS too. Peh. I wonder what sort of time I can set WITH traction control? :D