The "New Toys" Thread

Last edited:
I didn't have to do a single thing to setup my network on a fresh Win7 install. It auto-detected every thing.

I just want to be able to get them to talk to each other. My work laptop can't see shit, and I don't think the Win7 computers can see it either.
You have to install something on XP to get Vista and 7 to see it. This page explains how to fix this, with a hotfix for the XP comp.

It's a little too good in Linux...

zealous_autoconfig.png

I hear this is an option in the latest Ubuntu release.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2009/11/05/GSX1.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think I should report that post.

I think he just misunderstood the use of the word "toy" in the title. Also what a very odd first post.

:blink:

I can't tell if that's a spambot or just a really unintelligible user.

:blink:

I can't tell if that's a spambot or just a really unintelligible user.

I like how the Internet "surprised" him. Like he was just using his computer one day, working on spreadsheets and checking his non-Internet emails, his mind awash with a feeling of ennui so powerful that it began to wrench his very sanity away from himself. Then, in a fit of desperation, he minimized all 63 of his empty Excel windows (for he had a habit of clicking the lower 'x' when he was done with a file, and starting a new instance of the program when he wanted to open another) one by one, until he was finally at his desktop once more. Poring over the icons, he came across a curiously round blue fellow he had not noticed before. He decided to live dangerously and double-clicked it with reckless abandon, bringing forth onto his screen something that was altogether new to his computing experience:

The Internet?

Being an entirely new experience for him, he found it truly captivating and perused it for hours, not knowing when to stop! Eventually, however, as the sunlight faded and his eyes grew weary, he had to accept the fact that, alas, all good things must come to an end. Thus, he reluctantly closed the window (after maximizing, un-maximizing, maximizing and un-maximizing it a few times, the close button being that saucily-small button she was), slapped his knee, let out a hearty "who'da thunk it?" and sat back in his chair, reflecting on the amazing new direction his life was about to take...

Last edited:
and then he discovered $chan.org and now he live only for internet

I like how the Internet "surprised" him. Like he was just using his computer one day, working on spreadsheets and checking his non-Internet emails, his mind awash with a feeling of ennui so powerful that it began to wrench his very sanity away from himself. Then, in a fit of desperation, he minimized all 63 of his empty Excel windows (for he had a habit of clicking the lower 'x' when he was done with a file, and starting a new instance of the program when he wanted to open another) one by one, until he was finally at his desktop once more. Poring over the icons, he came across a curiously round blue fellow he had not noticed before. He decided to live dangerously and double-clicked it with reckless abandon, bringing forth onto his screen something that was altogether new to his computing experience:

The Internet?

Being an entirely new experience for him, he found it truly captivating and perused it for hours, not knowing when to stop! Eventually, however, as the sunlight faded and his eyes grew weary, he had to accept the fact that, alas, all good things must come to an end. Thus, he reluctantly closed the window (after maximizing, un-maximizing, maximizing and un-maximizing it a few times, the close button being that saucily-small button she was), slapped his knee, let out a hearty "who'da thunk it?" and sat back in his chair, reflecting on the amazing new direction his life was about to take...
:lol:

The Internet?

Sounds like the plot from World of Goo to me