Forza Motorsport 3

Cosworth had one a month, but I think that will drag on a bit. If we do one every 2 weeks starting this Wednesday we can get 4 rounds in before the end of the year. Rules will be the same as Cosworth's, but with an added rule that the submitted lap time must be a clean one (no warning triangle). I'll see it on the photo if you try and cheat. :p

Its going to be tough going round nordsleife without the triangle :D
Sometimes I think that triangle comes when I go a little wide i conners (without even touching the grass) and when I draft other cars?

Thats stupid :blink:

No it isn't. It means that the times are all done with no outside influences whatsoever. Otherwise the best times would be done by drafting another car around the lap. If another car is drafting you, you also get "pushed" slightly.

My copy of the game finally arrived yesterday, played it for like 3-4 hours. First of all, I think the handling is much better compared to FM2. The cars feel more stable at higher speeds, the grip levels are better too, I hate in FM2 that you'd get the the rear wheels spinning with as little as a third of the throttle. Also, the career is a big improvement for me, I couldn't for the love of god, get myself to go through the whole career in FM2, the "season" layout is more immersive for me.

Love the interiors, but too bad that some details are wrong. Why isn't the driver changing gears or using the flappy pedals? I don't really care about the 300 different asian cars or the differently colored racers, but epic cars such as Veyron, should be spot on. I mean no airbreak, no spoiler, the awesome power gauge isn't working (they have the data in the telemetry, so it's just a simple task of connecting it to the gauge).

Overall, looking forward to join the Finalgear meets :).

epic cars such as Veyron, should be spot on. I mean no airbreak, no spoiler, the awesome power gauge isn't working (they have the data in the telemetry, so it's just a simple task of connecting it to the gauge).

that was something i noticed when i took the veyron for a spin. its the little things that would have made it a lot more sweeter.

The whole gear shifting thing is strange, because if you look through the windows of the car in chase view you can clearly see the driver changing gear. Maybe they just couldn't be bothered to adapt it for cockpit view.

As far as the spoilers and wings, that goes back to GT4 when Polyphony didn't bother to animate the wing/airbrake on the SLR.

Drivetrain classes in the league will be there to make you think a bit more. For example if there was a FWD A class round you would have to upgrade a lower class car to suit. RWD and AWD can both be achieved on FWD cars with drivetrain swaps, as can AWD when going from a RWD car, so it actually makes for a more varied field, because you can't always just the fastest car you have in that class.

I'm currently still working on the rounds and I'm sticking with 10 since there has been no objection. After taking a second look at Cosworth's dates, each round he did was shorter than 2 weeks, but they're all a bit mixed up so I need to take a proper look. Because of the greater selection of old cars in FM3, I'm leaning towards making the Nordshleife round C Class, pre 1970 and with no drivetrain restriction. Then we would have a varied selection including (possibly) Miuras, DB5s, 510s and more...

As for avoiding the little triangle, I think I might allow it for Nordshleife but will reserve the right to disallow any triangled (invalid from now on) time if it is significantly faster than any non-triangle (valid) time. The reason is invalid times fall into two categories, spin-offs and corner cutting. Nothing more needs to be said I don't think.

Last edited:
As for avoiding the little triangle, I think I might allow it for Nordshleife but will reserve the right to disallow any triangled (invalid from now on) time if it is significantly faster than any non-triangle (valid) time. The reason is invalid times fall into two categories, spin-offs and corner cutting. Nothing more needs to be said I don't think.

There aint the greatest chances of cutting corners on Nordshlife where it helps you. So i think it would be fair to say its allowed to have a time with the triangle on Nordshlife (and fujimi Kaido if that track is it the league) :)

Last edited:
The whole gear shifting thing is strange, because if you look through the windows of the car in chase view you can clearly see the driver changing gear. Maybe they just couldn't be bothered to adapt it for cockpit view.

As far as the spoilers and wings, that goes back to GT4 when Polyphony didn't bother to animate the wing/airbrake on the SLR.

Drivetrain classes in the league will be there to make you think a bit more. For example if there was a FWD A class round you would have to upgrade a lower class car to suit. RWD and AWD can both be achieved on FWD cars with drivetrain swaps, as can AWD when going from a RWD car, so it actually makes for a more varied field, because you can't always just the fastest car you have in that class.

I'm currently still working on the rounds and I'm sticking with 10 since there has been no objection. After taking a second look at Cosworth's dates, each round he did was shorter than 2 weeks, but they're all a bit mixed up so I need to take a proper look. Because of the greater selection of old cars in FM3, I'm leaning towards making the Nordshleife round C Class, pre 1970 and with no drivetrain restriction. Then we would have a varied selection including (possibly) Miuras, DB5s, 510s and more...

this. again! :D

I think time attack with stock cars would be more fair :p some of us can?t tune shit :S

You will need two separate screenshots to verify a clean time. One in game to show the lack of a triangle, and one in the final screen showing the car and class.
TBH even on the 'ring and Fujimi it isn't difficult to get a clean lap so I don't think an exception is needed.

In the meantime, while you guys are sorting the srsbiz races out, can we just get organize a silly race night or something?

Last edited:
You will need two separate screenshots to verify a clean time. One in game to show the lack of a triangle, and one in the final screen showing the car and class.

Err...the possible triangle shows up in the standing screen with all the information?

Or did you mean it for avoiding people post other people's times as their own? (wtf is the correct spelling on that sentence, halp?)

In the meantime, while you guys are sorting the srsbiz races out, can we just get organize a silly race night or something?

This

Somebody add me dang it. ive got class right now.

We gonna do some F, C , D class racing? Why havent the finalgear online meets started yet? :)

Dude, you needs ta buy a mic!!!!!

As far as racing goes, I am in for a RACE. I am not all that great at time trials and find running the track over and over again to get it right, rather boring.

We could do all sorts of races over various nights to fit what many peeps like. A car specific race(Lotus Exige/ Corvette/ Porsche/etc. etc.), or a class race(s)(can we qualify or set-up tournies?) or whatever. There are a ton of possibilities.

Err...the possible triangle shows up in the standing screen with all the information?

Or did you mean it for avoiding people post other people's times as their own? (wtf is the correct spelling on that sentence, halp?)

Where? I checked this and it only came up on the leaderboards or on the "live" screen.