I miss the old need for speed

NFS was great.
NFS 2 was epic, for me. I played the crap out of that game. So far is about the only game I remember that had the Ford Indigo.
I liked NFS3, but after that they graphics quality and physics quality went down. The models looked more and more like they weren't touching the road.
then NFS Porsche came out, and it was. epic. Great physics, graphics, and sounds.
Then they went downhill again.
Then NFS Underground came out, and it was good, I thought. I loved customizing the cars, and the drift mode was a lot of fun.
After that I sorta could care less.

this. I had NFS2SE, NFS3, and Porsche and all were absolutely brilliant, with 2 being the brilliantestesttest.

Then they went all NOS and stupid crappy wing on us and that was baaaad

The thing was that for NFS2 SE, NFS3 and NFS HS you HAD to have a 3dfx card if you were a true fan. The graphics with Glide were stunning! I remember playing it on the classic 3dfx Voodoo 2. Once NFS HS came out, I started thinking about going SLI or buying a Voodoo 3.

I miss those days.

See now I have to go and dust off the old CDs

The thing was that for NFS2 SE, NFS3 and NFS HS you HAD to have a 3dfx card if you were a true fan. The graphics with Glide were stunning! I remember playing it on the classic 3dfx Voodoo 2. Once NFS HS came out, I started thinking about going SLI or buying a Voodoo 3.

I miss those days.

ah, the good old days of 3dfx cards.
Anyone else buy the 12 MB VooDoo 2 one, and mock everyone who had bought the puny 8 MB version?

I was chuffed when I noticed I could play Quake 2 at fullspeed @ 800x600 resolution...

IIRC I paid hella money for mah card too, equavalent to 300ish euro monies