Top Gear Live Aus Tour

I'm seriously beginning to consider going to this. What are the differences in the seats (Diamond, Platinum, Gold, etc)? I wouldnt consider anything less than those.

Anyone else from Adelaide going?

Gerfix said:
If you're going all that way and spending all that money, why not stay at the Hyatt in The Rocks??

We stayed at a youth hostel in Kings Cross when we went to see Iron Maiden. That was fun...;)

Last edited:
STOPGEAR09_v3.gif

Gold is in the nosebleed section, so that and silver is alright, but I would go for platinum or diamond. If you're in the diamond one, they might interact with you if you get aisle seats in 4-1, 5-1 and 6-1 I think.

Last edited:
I'm in Section 4 of the Platinum tickets, so it's probably worth that extra 50 dollars to get pretty good seats. And then get the shitty accomodation.

^ wow, they are good seats. I was in section 31 last time and it kept trying to give me sections on the side this year. Gave my dad a map with the exact sections I don't want to be in crossed out :lol:

(is very very picky when it comes to her TG live seats)

Which sections do the guys come up on? Or is it just in the Diamond area they chat to people while doing the cool wall?

Diamond only, normally the sections right in the middle too (sections 4-1 through 6-1). Those lucky buggers get free stuff from the promoters too, some of them got the latest navmans.

One of the guys they talked to at the show I went to last year was in diamond, had the tinted sunnies, sports wristwatch, wore a polo shirt with a slightly popped collar and drove an Audi A6. The crowd had a field day :evil:

Did you guys receive your tickets yet?

We ordered our tickets back in September, still haven't seen them..I'll be worried if others have got theirs.

Diamond only, normally the sections right in the middle too (sections 4-1 through 6-1). Those lucky buggers get free stuff from the promoters too, some of them got the latest navmans.

One of the guys they talked to at the show I went to last year was in diamond, had the tinted sunnies, sports wristwatch, wore a polo shirt with a slightly popped collar and drove an Audi A6. The crowd had a field day :evil:

Yeah, I was really pissed off as we were sitting 4 seats in from the aisle where they were handing out Navmans, and Clarkson came up and photographed some bloke just across from where I was.

I would have loved to see that Audi thing. We only got some golfing cock who had an S5, to which Clarkson replied that he was a 'rich cock'.

I'm taking my Dad this time. So at least I'll have someone to share it with, but he'll probably hate it.

Does anyone know how to get access to the paddock area at the show??

Last year I went with my friend.. And there were heaps of people with paddock passes on lanyards around their necks.. And when I asked the security guy blocking the area off he couldnt tell me how I could get one.. But he said that it was all the cars from the show on display....

I don't want to miss out on that at the next show! For most other shows in other cities e.g. NZ, you can buy a paddock pass as an add-on (i think $30) to the ticket.. But nothing like that for Sydney..
I emailed the top gear live organisers and asked them.. And they just played stupid.. Saying that there was nothing of the sort, and this year the before/after show entertainment was so much more, that I would be getting the full TG experience anyway.. Liars..

I couldn't have just been media access, because heaps of people had passes, including families with children! I just can't find it mentioned anywhere.

Not sure how to get the paddock passes but do remember seeing that area last time. The paddock passes could have be given to media reps as well as being given out to companies that were providing cars etc for the show which they may have given out to some of their employees and their families to use.

Just wondering has anyone recieved their tickets yet? As ticketek had it online as saying that they were going to be sent out from the 12th Nov but am still waiting for them.

Still waiting on mine...and now I don't even know where to stay for under 100 a night. People have said this and people have said that, Dad wants really cheap stuff, I just want somewhere nice, basic and modern at least. I never knew planning a trip was so hard. Now I sort of know how my Mum feels with the family holiday (well when we say family holiday, it's that and some more) to Vietnam.

My tickets haven't arrived yet. I desperately want them in my hot little hands.

Richmondgal, as it gets closer to the date try websites like wotif and last minute. You can usually get some pretty good hotels cheaply because they still have vacancies.

My tickets havent come through yet either.
Richmondgal about accomodation I dont think youll get something around Olympic Park for less than $100 a night but last time I stayed at the Formula One motel in Olympic Park and for 3 of us I think it was about $140. Its a basic room,TV, aircon but is within a 5 minute walk to Acer Arena and Maccas/Subway for dinner.