COD: Modern Warfare 2

Air, it kind of does matter what people are playing. The casual games sector is an entity of its own and completely seperate from the game industry proper. Just because housewives like to play Bejeweled when they get some alone time it doesn't mean that mainstream games rely on PC sales at all. Modern Warfare 2 is not an exception, "hardcore" games make no money on PC compared to the rivers of revenue they make from console sales. Fact.

here's some stuff about casual games

Casual games are drawing more than twice the audience of ?hardcore? games, such as first-person shooters, role-playing titles and video console games, and they continue to gain momentum among players and developers alike. Conservative estimates from firms such as DFC Intelligence, M:Metrics, Current Analysis and RC Research expect the casual games sector to grow more than 50% year-over-year for the foreseeable future, with revenue reaching $3 ? 8 billion by the end of the decade.
source

that's where your useless statistics are coming from, stupid casual crap and not forealz games.

Last edited:
... which no doubt includes things like pinball games and solitaire, which are massive business despite the quality of the product. Source please.

PCGA. Anyways I'm not even going to play MW2 so I'll leave you to it.

has anyone else been having problems with their Xbox version of MW2? when i go online with the multiplayer the game has recently begun kicking me out of the game and disconnecting me from Xbox Live. When i get back into the menu's it then reconnects me to Xbox Live.
In some cases when i'm searching to join a game it'll say that i must be connected to Xbox Live. despite the console saying that i'm already connected to Xbox Live.
I've really enjoyed the game and this is the first time where i've really had a problem with it. My other games are all working fine on Xbox Live so therefore by process of elimination it leaves me believing that the fault is with the game. Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Check your NAT type.

Aimbotting is also getting rather annoying...

Last edited:
360 version slightly FTW

Hmm, since just now, I can't find any online games... My VAC is still good, I just left a lobby, game doesn't find shit...
Generally I like the idea behind IWnet, but all that shit is starting to be a bit much...

Also I just played Domination, turned out it was 8vs4 and I was on the 4 team off course with 2 n00bs and one good guy. Dunno if the other guys were asses or if it was the games fault, but it didn't balance...

. . . . old COD would balance mid-match

Its not really a problem if you settle down with a couple of established servers among a community.... oh wait, you can't :cry:

At least you can do private matches with your friends, but you'll never meet any new players, so it could get a bit stale perhaps, but it's one way to avoid the hackers.

Yeah, its a bit weird playing with tons of different people each round. Played 6 vs 4 TD against some clan or whatever. They were fragging like crazy, doing impossible kills... Only one of them was using the heartbeat sensor... You really start to think then...

On the other hand, I had a game today where I had twice the kills of the 2nd best of my team and still 10 more than the best of the other team and I wasn't the server... Dunno what they thought.
I was under the impression valve/steam/iwnet would do a good job against cheaters, but I keep hearing otherwise.

Is it just me or has the bullshit level gone up in this game? I seem to be getting more bullshit kills and am being killed in more bullshit ways.

Quote from a friend of mine who played MW2 and the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 beta on PS3:

BC2 will shit all over MW2.

Anyone else play the BC2 beta? Care to elaborate?

Quote from a friend of mine who played MW2 and the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 beta on PS3:

Anyone else play the BC2 beta? Care to elaborate?

IMO, if the multiplayer in BC2 is anything like BC1, MW2 will still win by a long shot. BC1 multiplayer just gets boring and repetitive after half a match. :p