Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

No, I saw it, I just mentally blocked it on account of my forced-induction fetish.

For reference, this is where you link a V12 twin-turbo kit, and in about 1.5 years is when I die ramping a twin-turbo manual transmission XJ12 off a cliff.

up to 920hp in a XJS ... even without turning it into a screamer ... now that?s what I call good work that ups performance a lot, but still respects the spirit of the original car!

b8s.gif

:drool:

Puts someone's 6 pot XJR to shame. :p

Roadmap for the rest of my life:
1) Buy XJR6
2) Manual swap XJR
3) Fiddle with other bits of XJR
3) Buy XJS
4) Manual swap XJS
5) Twin-supercharge XJS
6) Oversteer into tree
7) Die

My dad just traded in a 1982 Daimler Double Six.... On a Toyota RAV4.... I can't imagine what the guy who bought the Toyota must be thinking now....

Not sure exactly what you mean by that...

Also, about the twin-blower XJS - there were a lot of modifications to the car to get that to work, not least of which that the master cylinder had to be relocated to the trunk.

Last edited:
Mother has decided that the MPG gauge on the car is actually measuring how happy the car is because it doesn't make sense and jumps up randomly.

Mother has decided that the MPG gauge on the car is actually measuring how happy the car is because it doesn't make sense and jumps up randomly.

Set it to "average fuel economy". Unless you want to coast down a hill and see how high it can go (I've seen a Lincoln Mark VII get above 80mpg this way).

Set it to "average fuel economy". Unless you want to coast down a hill and see how high it can go (I've seen a Lincoln Mark VII get above 80mpg this way).

My favorite game with those things is "How fast can I make it change"

I've gotten a 0-60 swing on a Toyota SUV of some variety.

I'm in a "Svilen can fix everything" mood today! I just drained my ATF...all I needed was the proper tool, and then it was like a walk in the park. Took the car for a drive after that. The shifts seem to be smoother...I'll do another drain-fill on Saturday, and I'll report on the final result.

I'm so cocky, that I will even attempt to change my oil for the first time next week.

(Nevertheless, I'm still a mechanic noob)

it's not a setting it is a number readout on the dash and a little gauge on the dash like the regular fuel one. Mom thinks that the gauge readout is the car's current happiness and the readout is overall happy over time.

She does have a bit of a point because MPG go up every time we pass a PT Cruiser. Smug car is smug.

I went over to my dad's house tonight, and he wanted to show me something. He bought another TR6, this one a '70 in BRG and running condition. It's wonderful, and I just wanted to look at it forever. $5k, 40k miles, engine out of a '74. Roof only has one small tear.

I went over to my dad's house tonight, and he wanted to show me something. He bought another TR6, this one a '70 in BRG and running condition. It's wonderful, and I just wanted to look at it forever. $5k, 40k miles, engine out of a '74. Roof only has one small tear.

Pics or didn't happen :p

I really need to find a bag of money or something. There's so much I want to do to my X-Terra and I have less than no money to spend on it.

I really need to find a bag of money or something. There's so much I want to do to my X-Terra and I have less than no money to spend on it.

Welcome back to offroading. At one point I had about 2 grand of credit from my dad for mods I had done. I actually got a job specifically to pay that off.