Top Gear Changing Rooms Anyone???

macnerd93

This is about the old Horrifically terrible DIY Program, nothing else with the same name.

I'm sure most of you will remember when Top Gear did "Top Ground Gear Force" for sports relief back last year in which they altered Steve Redgrave's garden.

Anyway to the point the BBC should do a Top Gear changing rooms (you know the god awful decorating program where friends/neighbours decorated each of there houses), it would be hilarious watch them decorate each others house's LOL, be good idea for children in need or something :) too bad its kinda too late for that, but you never know next year lol.

Last edited:
That would be a great idea. However, before some mod gets his finger hovering over the "ban" button, I suggest you remove from your "cars" section the cars that 1) you don't own, 2) you only own in some Facebook game, 3) your parents own. Just a friendly suggestion.

^ why would someone lie about owning a Cayenne. I would be embarrassed.

as someone said on the internet a long long time ago.

pics or it didnt happen

my parents do own a black Porsche Cayenne S the mid model, and my dad has an Aston DB9 Volante in smoke silver, I have a Peugeot 307 XSI with a 2.0 L engine. i myself quite like the Cayenne, but I agree with Jeremy Clarkson the front is very UGLY

I don't get it lol, So if you have a nice car in these forums, your obviously lying and you can get ban on the site, very odd. Not everyone has average cars you know.

I have a video on my youtube page of my dad picking up the Aston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN9o94MsLas

That would be a great idea. However, before some mod gets his finger hovering over the "ban" button, I suggest you remove from your "cars" section the cars that 1) you don't own, 2) you only own in some Facebook game, 3) your parents own. Just a friendly suggestion.

And plenty of people here have nice cars, like a 911 GT3, an M5, and a couple of Jag XJRs. It's just that on the internet, the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of people trying to show off shit they don't have. Surely even at 16, you've seen enough of the internet to know how that is. Heck, the guy with the GT3 preemptively took identifying pictures to prove he wasn't bullshitting. As for me, the day I picked up my XJR I happened to go to a car show where other forum members were, so I managed to escape having to prove myself. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I have a video on my youtube page the link is in the post above your's, what would I really gain through lying like? that would be stupid

its late, didnt notice YT link.

So if you have a nice car in these forums, your obviously lying and you can get ban on the site, very odd. Not everyone has average cars you know.

You don't necessarily lie or get banned, but you might get asked to supplement your claims with photographic evidence. For a car aficionado (read: final gear forum member) it shouldn't be a big hassle to make a few pictures if you own a nice car. You did include them in your list, so you're not afraid to show what you got.

Not everyone has average cars, no. But almost everyone - that's why average cars are average.

Weren't you adopted by Sarah Jane Smith? :lol: Anyway, nice pics. I may have exaggerated a bit about the banning; it's late here, my apologies. Back to the Changing Rooms topic. It could also work if May and Hammond ganged up against Clarkson to redo his place, or some other 2 vs 1 challenge.

Weren't you adopted by Sarah Jane Smith? :lol: Anyway, nice pics. I may have exaggerated a bit about the banning; it's late here, my apologies. Back to the Changing Rooms topic. It could also work if May and Hammond ganged up against Clarkson to redo his place, or some other 2 vs 1 challenge.

lol sarah jane who?, I think a TG Changing rooms would be hilarious

just to stop a massive flame war breaking out everytime I post I think it best for me to leave just the car I own a 2005 gold peugeot 307 XSI lol,

I took the pics off after showing you, cos i don't want weirdo's finding out where I live lol

Last edited:
Am I too late for........

n00b! Get him!!?

A little bit, mate. ;)

Anyhoo, personally, I thought Top Ground Gear Force was a travesty of almost epic proportions. Although I liked Changing Rooms very much, I'd be loathed to see what would happen with a Top Changing Gear Rooms (or something).

I prefer Labcoatguy's (?) idea of Quite Interesting Gear. :nod:

I hate to derail this thread any further, but re: cars in one's profile. Is it really such a big deal? I don't care if he's being truthful or lying. Is it all that unlikely that his father has done pretty well out of life and has bought a few nice cars and the son, being a car/TG fan arrives at this site?

I could go ahead and put '2009 Bugatti Veyron' in my profile, and make up a pretty convincing story behind it, but it wouldn't change the fact that in real life, the car currently sitting in the car hole outside the kitchen window as I write this, is a base model Holden Commodore. My point is, if he does have those cars, good luck to him, and if not, I don't care because he only has himself to answer to.

Last edited:
Why did I click on this thinking it'd be mildly NSFW?

"Well, now we know that Stig has huge balls...and isn't a ginger."
"OMG NEKKID CLARKSON EYE BLEACH PLZ!?"
"I see James has taken on Oz's fondness for silk shorts..."

Last edited:
A little bit, mate. ;)

Anyhoo, personally, I thought Top Ground Gear Force was a travesty of almost epic proportions. Although I liked Changing Rooms very much, I'd be loathed to see what would happen with a Top Changing Gear Rooms (or something).

I prefer Labcoatguy's (?) idea of Quite Interesting Gear. :nod:

That sounds epic! Now I want it!

Although, I've personally been hoping for Strictly Top Dancing Gear.