Corvettes

Corvettes

• Total voters
Neither, get a B7 RS4...
It will be a better daily driver.
How the FUCK is that relevant?

That's not Matt Farah's, is it? The wheels look familiar. I know he has the headlight mod thingy Honda did to the NSX-R, but...

Anyways, Z06. NA doesn't blow.
No, that's not Matt Farah's car; he has a coupe, not a Z06. And NA? Both vettes are NA... :?

We all know that the RS4 is a great car, I would recommend it too, but this thread is about 'Vetts, so yeah.

No, that's not Matt Farah's car; he has a coupe, not a Z06. And NA? Both vettes are NA... :?

Wait, you're right. What the fuck was I talking about? o_O

Anyways, the C5 was cooler.

Get the C6.

Much better interior and chassis, much better car... and if you feel the need for speed, go shopping in the Callaway catalog.

That's not Matt Farah's, is it? The wheels look familiar. I know he has the headlight mod thingy Honda did to the NSX-R, but...

Anyways, Z06. NA doesn't blow.

Wait, what? I just posted a random awesome looking C5 off the interwebs.

wickedZ06_3.jpg

Actually that kinda looks better than the sliver plastic look of the C6 interiors.

Don't look at Corvettes much, do you?

2008-corvette-leather-interior.jpg

That's a stock late-mark C6 interior. The C5's interior feels like crap - just like the Malibu or Impala they got most of the parts from.

Last edited:
Ah... you got me...

No, I don't.

I've never liked American cars that much.

But I just noticed that the only thing that I really dislike on the C6 is the steering wheel with those two silver plastic plates.. You can swap it out for something later.

I think thats just a place holder for buttons that you'd get on the better equipped models.

Relocate the buttons somewhere else and get a plain steering wheel/QUOTE]

Both our family Toyota Rav4 and Honda Accord have buttons on the steering and they're actually very handy and useful. If you buy a car with them, its going to be kinda hard to relocate them.

Hey, I made one good post. :)
That's out of 9 total in this thread. How's your math?

Anyways, I think that both the C5 and C6 have pretty cheap interiors but that's not really the point with these cars, so it wouldn't matter much to me.

C5 has flip up headlamps.
Flip up headlamps are awesome, they:
Look cool
Annoy health and safety
Annoy the germans
etc.

C5 it is.

Get the C6.

Much better interior and chassis, much better car... and if you feel the need for speed, go shopping in the Callaway catalog.

What do you think of the tunner off of 78 in Sachse?
I have been thinking the same thing almost ready to buy a sports car and always a fan of vetts.
I want a c3 but no way as a daily driver so C5 z06 or c6 is doable.
I lived just north (woodbridge)of that shop and saw vetts drive by me all day. Not sure what all they do but thought about droping by.

Last edited:
I know of the shop, but I don't know much about it. Check with the guys on ricekiller.com to find out if they're any good.

Corvettes Of Dallas is one of my clients; I could introduce you to the owner if you'd like - they do tuning and performance mods and are well respected as best I can tell (usual disclaimers due to financial interest).

If you are going to track it all the time, go with the C5 Z06.

Otherwise, you will be far happier with the C6. It's a much nicer car for daily/sporty canyon driving. The C5 is actually more of a handful on real-world ripply road surfaces.

Steve

If you are going to track it all the time, go with the C5 Z06.

Otherwise, you will be far happier with the C6. It's a much nicer car for daily/sporty canyon driving. The C5 is actually more of a handful on real-world ripply road surfaces.

Steve

Steve,
Just wondering where you got that info from. Most of the things I read on these two suggest that the C5Z "handles better". I'm interested in this "handful" business though.

The C5 Z06 is one of my all-time favorite cars in terms of looks and performance. And you get the super-cool hidden headlight feature, which seems to be missing on virtually all newer cars these days!