Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

29w7uc1.jpg

A motivational pic of an unloved beater F, from a spares site I browse now and then. Not going to let mine look like that.

Except that one has a properly-fitting front panel..

Wonder how that managed to wander over there.

Real shame, because that was one of the last RWD Caddies (before the return of RWD with the CTS/STS).

Sadly/thankfully, that's one of the K-body FWD ones. You're probably thinking of the Fleetwood, sporting an LT1:

93-96_Cadillac_Fleetwood.jpg

It was one of the first cars I liked, mostly because of the wheel spats that made it look almost aerodynamic. It was the last refuge of the 1950s jet-inspired styling on Caddys; I know it's an old person barge and all, but I'm a bit sad it's gone.

If Atlantian gets a "Has wet dreams over automatics" -title, I deserve a "Has wet dreams over front-wheel drive" -one <_<

alternatively I propose a "All Sierra's are shit" title

alternatively I propose a "All Sierra's are shit" title

Says a man who drives a fwd piece-of-shit diesel opel..

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't actually mean it, I just want the title!

I think a Sierra is shit because it's RWD.
My car on the other hand, is FWD, and therefore better. :angel:

Cadillac never made a B platform car - it was a D-body.

From as far as I can tell the two are pretty much identical. The interior for instance is the exact same as my father's Roadmaster (though the Caddy has some god awful faux wood).

From as far as I can tell the two are pretty much identical. The interior for instance is the exact same as my father's Roadmaster (though the Caddy has some god awful faux wood).

The Cadillac D (and, prior to its switch to FWD, C) platform was an elongated version of the GM B platform.
All of the B platform Chevrolets, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles of the '90s had the same 115.9" wheelbase, while the D platform Cadillacs of the same time had a 121.5" wheelbase.

If Atlantian gets a "Has wet dreams over automatics" -title, I deserve a "Has wet dreams over front-wheel drive" -one <_<

You do realize that you can just as easily get a title along the lines of "Loves the cock"?

You do realize that you can just as easily get a title along the lines of "Loves the cock"?

Wouldn't mind that either to be honest ;)

Yes I would mind it. :|

I just remembered about a o_O moment I had over the weekend.

Exhibit A: I present to you the 1968 Nissan Gloria. Please note the face.
http://img262.imageshack.**/img262/346/800pxnissangroliaa30001.jpg

Exhibit B: The 1966 Pontiac Bonneville. Also, please pay special attention to the face.
http://img527.imageshack.**/img527/3918/1966pontiacbonnevillesi.jpg

Pretty sure that base version has hubcaps.

I drove one about 1300 miles this summer. Good car, horrid steering wheel.

Last edited: