The "New Toys" Thread

The interface on that WD player is quite nice

It is. I was expecting adequate, received quite nice indeed. Check youtube vids for reviews and tests. I'm gonna go watch Stargate Universe 1x07 720p now. :)

Last edited:
http://img194.imageshack.**/img194/2861/photo002custom.jpg

I bought that go pro wide cam to my bike, it's so little :blink:

Sample : not my video ;) : [YOUTUBE]XPKZb219Vv8[/YOUTUBE]

Razer%20Salmosa%201.jpg

Razer Salmosa

I am surprised at how much of a difference it makes. Suddenly I am much better at Osu!

ya i just switched to one a few months ago and it does feel like quite a step up from my 15 bux laser one from before

htc-hero-review.jpg

One of these, after driving the irc ppl mad with my questions :D
It's working like a dream, very happy with it & got a great deal too :)

Like a Dream minus the keyboard, you mean. Get it? Get it? Nah, that was a terrible joke on my part. Nice phone, though. Hope you enjoy it.

Like a Dream minus the keyboard, you mean. Get it? Get it? Nah, that was a terrible joke on my part. Nice phone, though. Hope you enjoy it.

I've been fighting the urge to make that same joke for almost 2 days now :p I see that you're weaker than me :tease:

Ordered a few goodies yesterday:

Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC6400 4GB CL4 (will give me a total of 6GB RAM)
Intel? X25-M SSD 80GB 2,5" w/ 2.5" - 3.5" kit (blindingly quick drive for OS)
Qpad|CT Small (new mousepad)

Gonna install Win7 (got 64bit Pro for ?30) on the SSD, so leaving XP whenever this lot arrives.

Last edited:
Okay, the HP tx2 tablet I got a week ago was rubbish. The touchscreen was good, but as a laptop, the thing was downright unuseable - CPU running up to 90?C not even under 100% load and heating up the palmrest, miniscule cooler fan blowing constantly like a hair dryer and making same kind of noise, and the screen having viewing angles in single digits in all directions.

So I returned it, and spontaneously jumped onto the Mac bandwagon with the simplest unibody Macbook. At least its hardware and build quality shouldn't give me any trouble. Already spent a day figuring out all the software, for an old Windows and Linux user it's quite fascinating :)

^Oi, I have a MB Pro.

I don't like Apple but I have to admit that the build quality of their MBP is excellent. Never felt so secure with a laptop, not even with my lenovo thinkpad (which is very strong but all plastic with lots of holes and ridges).

I don't like Apple but I have to admit that the build quality of their MBP is excellent. Never felt so secure with a laptop, not even with my lenovo thinkpad (which is very strong but all plastic with lots of holes and ridges).

In the IBM days they were tanks and pioneered the spaceframe and titanium designs. I've always been a thinkpad fan but the unibody Macbooks are sturdy.

The only upgrade I anticipate getting from work is going from heartburn to ulcers.

^Do you keep the old phone as well, or do you have to hand it back?

^Do you keep the old phone as well, or do you have to hand it back?

I am assuming so. They made me send back my iPaq 910, but I was glad to send that pile of crap back. They haven't said anything about sending it back it. I'm not going to until they tell me to. If they don't ask for it in a month I'm going to sell it.