UCL 2009/2010

Good for AC Milan beating Real Madrid...but what about Inter drawing again?

You're happy that they'll have to play Lyon and Fiorentina ? :? If Liverpool start to struggle they could very easily be eliminated.

I am psychic. :blink:

FORZA VIOLA WOOO!!!!!

I am so ecstatic with this result for Fiorentina it is unbelievable!!!! Perhaps we could be the little team that could. I am just on top of the world right now!

Excellent game last night, now the big question, what should we watch today? My first thought is Real Madrid vs some swiss people but I don't know if that game is important because I'm not terribly good at UCL standings. The VW-people play against some russians tonight too.

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I heard on the morning news what happened in Group G. I was expecting the only Romanian team in the group stage to score absolutely nothing; there is one game left to play, and they're in a position to qualify to the last 16. If they draw with Stuttgart or beat them on Dec 9th, they're in. :shock2::shock2::shock2: And they'll be playing in the "European spring" no matter what.

Last edited:
I'm watching CSKA - VW and the russian stadium is predictably, huge. Not enough people to fill it so it looks deserted. Nice rug.

Not so surprised to see Liverpool out of the Champions League given their current form. Man U losing at home tonight was a bit of a surprise, but not a disaster still looking good to qualify for the last 16, as are Chelsea and Arsenal.
Although I don?t think any EPL clubs will win the tournament year.
:)

Wolfsburg should top Group B as United have no centre-backs fit. Our likely centre-backs for the game will be Carrick and Fletcher. Thank god we had already qualified.

Should have been dead and buried after 20 minutes. But Owen took the chances and Wolfsburg didn't.

Hahahahahahaha. Fiorentina actually beat Liverpool at Anfield. Was NOT expecting this. La Viola secured the top spot in the group! Hooray!

Hopefully Arsenal will, too.

That was kinda funny watching Olympiakos-Arsenal. Arsenal comprehensively outplayed Olympiakos with Wenger's under-14s. Sure, they did lose, but the lone goal was against the run of play and Nikopolidis was amazing just like last time. Speaking of him, two thirds of Arsenal's squad was less than half his age. Jack Wilshere? Aaron Ramsey? Kerrea Gilbert? Carlos Vela? Tom Cruise? Kyle Bartley? Fran Merida? Gilles Sunu? They're all 19 or younger. I have to say that I was quite impressed with all of them except Vela, who was wasteful.

OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ROUND OF 16 DRAW

STUTTGART-BARCELONA

OLYMPIACOS-BORDEAUX

INTER-CHELSEA - Mourinho back at the bridge.

BAYERN MUNICH-FIORENTINA

CSKA MOSCOW- SEVILLA

LYON- REAL MADRID - Benzema playing his old club.

PORTO- ARSENAL

AC MILAN-MANCHESTER UNITED - Beckham vs Ferguson.

Last edited:
OVREBO NEEDS TO GO. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!?!

First that red card.. RIDICULOUS. 2nd...Klose was 3 YARDS offside on his winner. HOW IS THAT MISSED!?!

That is more obvious than Henry's fucking handball.

I am absolutely livid. To the point of wanting to riot or at least break something.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

^ BBC Sport kind of agrees with you,
Miroslav Klose's controversial 89th-minute header earned Bayern Munich a dramatic first-leg win over Fiorentina.

The striker appeared to be in an offside position when he nodded in after Ivica Olic headed the ball on.

Bayern had taken the lead before half-time, Arjen Robben slotting in from the spot after Franck Ribery was fouled.

Fiorentina levelled when Per Kroldrup swept home but Massimo Gobbi was sent off for an alleged elbow on Robben before Klose won it at the death.

Wednesday, 17 February 2010
Uefa Champions League
Bayern Munich 2-1 Fiorentina
FC Porto 2-1 Arsenal
Barclays Premier League
Wigan 0-0 Bolton

The red card was deserved. I thought it was harsh but there is a camera angle that shows the Fiorentina player had his arm/elbow up and hit Robben in the face.

The goal was a joke, mind.

The red card was deserved. I thought it was harsh but there is a camera angle that shows the Fiorentina player had his arm/elbow up and hit Robben in the face.

The goal was a joke, mind.

If that red was deserved then the Klose challenge spikes up to the shin should have been an immediate red. No questions asked.