Private Plates

I've seen 2 around here in the last couple years that shouldn't be.

Saw the plate [ AMG ] on an Audi.
and I've seen the plate [ M3 ] and it was on a Mercedes.

I assume the first one was initials, but the second one, I dunno?

And a plate I remember from going to a dairy queen in my childhood.
[4RE4ME] on a 308. Good times.

Best plate i've ever seen was a NY plate that said:

ROADHEAD

At first I couldn't believe what I encountered today: An in a ghastly metallic green painted new VW Scirocco with the number plate "KO-TZ 600", which spells "kotz" of course in German and means :puke:

Either that was intentional self-criticism for choosing that colour and therefore a wise choice for a personal number plate, or it was one of the worst cases of getting owned ever :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have a picture but I caught it on video at a traffic light. So here are the screenshots as a proof:

4143484909_cb3ebfd843_o.jpg

4144245380_dea8f17ef4_o.jpg

I resent how many cars are suddenly popping up in that color. Mine was that color 40 years ago :lol:

White would like a word with you.

My plate that's on my minivan that is soon going on my SVT Focus:
IMG_2083-2.JPG

My plate that's on my minivan that is soon going on my SVT Focus:
IMG_2083-2.JPG

Oh, come on, get one of the new-style custom plates. :D You can even get it in red to match the Focus.

Last edited:
That Veyron would fail it's MoT with that plate - wrong letter font and incorrect letter spacing. ... Just saying. Oh and its got a stupid EU GB bit of crap on it too, soo is a totally yuck plate.

EDIT/ http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/plates.htm

You make a very solid and interesting argument.

However, the counter to it is, "Seriously, I drive a Bugatti Veyron and you're worried about the plate? If you pull up all the Veyrons on yellow GB plates, I'm sure you'd be able to figure out which one is mine by using at least SOME of the letters that are fully legible."

Of which I see your side, and the counter. One is 100% valid and legal and makes good common sense, the other is 100% valid and of questionable legality but makes good common sense.