James doing segment on Chris Evans' Coburn car?

LindenChase

I was checking Chris Evans' Twitter account to see if he had anything interesting to add to his being the SIARPC this week and this is what I found:

http://twitter.com/achrisevans

Captain Slow coming to make a Top Gear film with The Coburn Car tomorrow 7.a.m. Bed now. . . Joe will win X Factor because he's the best. X.
41 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Hmm. Could be interesting. :)

Indeed. I guess a little segment on it's history and how, at nearly USD 11 million, it's the most expensive car ever sold at auction.

Speaking of Chris Evans, I am just wondering if he comes from a wealthy family. I just do not see how his job/jobs would give him the kind of cash he seems to have to spend.

Latest tweet by Chris Evans.

Just called home after being at R2 for 3 hrs. James May still not back in The Cal ! Feeling faint.

:mrgreen:

Speaking of Chris Evans, I am just wondering if he comes from a wealthy family.

According to Wiki, no. His father was a bookmaker and his mother managed a corner shop. Looks like he didn't start making it big until BBC Radio 1's breakfast show - in 1995 he made ?7,000 a day, so that would be ?2,555,000 a year. He earned ?35.5million in 2000 when he sold his Ginger Media Group to SMG and he owns some other media companies so it looks like it's all self-made.