60k miles between oil changes is ok, right?

Almost thick enough to be used in an old style British engine.

Last edited:
Looks like someone shat their Thanksgiving/ex-lax dinner all over that engine.

That's not oil, that's mud.

How does that...how can...

I mean, I've gone 2k over with my old car and began to get worried. How can you hit 60k and not begin to think you're missing something?

Mmmmm...chocolate pudding.

AHH!! a fellow bimmer owner did that!?! I felt that kind of light in the stomach prepuke feeling when I saw it.

FAIL! What a waste of a really nice engine. Looks like they got it going again though..

Oh a side Note, this AutoRX stuff sounds great! I might have to try it.

Last edited:
I wrote "bmw service indicator" into Google and pressed I am lucky. Google says:
The BMW service indicator lights are considered by many to be totally useless for indicating when you should service the car

Yes. In this case the indicator should have disabled the car from starting when he started to go way off the schedule.

I wrote "bmw service indicator" into Google and pressed I am lucky. Google says:
The BMW service indicator lights are considered by many to be totally useless for indicating when you should service the car

Fixed that for you.

OMG. How is that possible. How does it even run ?
I change mine every 3000 miles with synthetic. In fact I refuse to drive the car if I am at 3000 miles and not changed the oil. Girlfriend would confirm.

I won't refuse to drive the car (it's not like the filter will explode once the car hits 3000 miles since the last change), but I am pretty consistent about the 3k or every 3 months schedule.

An oil change takes less than an hour and most of the time is spent waiting for it to drain. There is no excuse not to do it regularly.

o_O

......how......what..........eh?

I mean, it's one thing to forget for a few weeks or be too busy to change the oil, but 60k over?? How on Earth could that engine even work?

How does that...how can...

I mean, I've gone 2k over with my old car and began to get worried. How can you hit 60k and not begin to think you're missing something?

No kidding I thought I was horrible for doing that before but wow :blink:
Looking at that makes me want to get mine changed and it's only been like 1k since last time.

blah.....just put some Windex on it and it'll be fine......