Random Thoughts....

Its snowing!!! :D:D

I wish I didn't have to be at work all day. :mad:

It's not snowing here. It's pitiful, after 3.5 days of light snow we have like 2cm of snow. PITIFUL.

I hate it when it snows, mostly because I can't go anywhere.

Are there any shoes which actually provide some sort of traction on snow and more importantly on ice? Normal boots don't do shit, you might as well wear sneakers.

I used to have these boots when I was a kid that actually had pop-out metal teeth for ice... I just remembered I'd always fall flat on my butt even with those on though, so maybe I just need to work on my balance or buy snow tires.

Edit: Oh, and it hasn't snowed here yet though I have a feeling the first snow will be here once this dry spell comes to an end. It'll look so pristine and nice at night, until all the commuters turn it to gross yellow sludge by 9am.

Last edited:
there's these things that mostly old people strap onto their shoes here, that has small ice spike things... seems to work well with any kind of shoe.

But there's a trick to walking on ice. short steps, or rather to keep your centre of gravity within the contact area of the ice. simples.

Well....a whole evening on coca-cola and orangejuice and yet I'm hungover? WTF? I'm going mad!
I've gotten sick again, so I kinda feel hungover even though I'm not. Grr. So, hopefully you're not getting sick.
One of my mom's cousins gave birth to her second baby just about an hour ago. :) It's a girl. And her brother was also born in December, funnily enough (3 years ago).

So I've got another little cousin. :D
Congratulations!
This happens to me too, It's massively annoying because even if you TRY to be attracted to them you just can't even if there is nothing unattractive about them.
^ Truth. Oh well.

I hate it when it snows, mostly because I can't go anywhere.

Are there any shoes which actually provide some sort of traction on snow and more importantly on ice? Normal boots don't do shit, you might as well wear sneakers.

I used to have these boots when I was a kid that actually had pop-out metal teeth for ice... I just remembered I'd always fall flat on my butt even with those on though, so maybe I just need to work on my balance or buy snow tires.

Edit: Oh, and it hasn't snowed here yet though I have a feeling the first snow will be here once this dry spell comes to an end. It'll look so pristine and nice at night, until all the commuters turn it to gross yellow sludge by 9am.

You might give "Yaktrax" a go...

YaktraxProLarge05.jpg

YaktraxProLarge05.jpg

Just know if you wear them inside somewhere with a shiny floor, like most stores, it will be like walking on greased ice with them on.

Boo. No snow here.

I really want it next week, though. C'mon, cancel finals...

But there's a trick to walking on ice. short steps, or rather to keep your centre of gravity within the contact area of the ice. simples.

I know, but I have pretty bad balance so I need serious help... and I'd rather stay home than wear old people stuff. :p

YaktraxProLarge05.jpg

Looks effective but I'll probably look like a dork wearing those here. It's not like it gets that frigid here, it's just me.

I was wondering if these more serious boots were any good? You know like a step above the traditional work boot, like stuff made specifically for cold weather but without a separate apparatus just for traction.

Or, I could attach plunger cups to my shoes. That might work on ice, and force me to walk real slow.

I drive anywhere I can't walk due to slipperyness.

That works, but it snows so rarely here I really can't justify buying snow tires. Plus since I moved into the city I feel kind of compelled to walk, especially since when it snows traffic and accidents go up by many times on our roads.

My car does very poorly on snow, snow + RWD + summer tires = Poseur Mobile in ditch.

Last edited:
I think my real-life alignment is "Chaotic Good."

I know, but I have pretty bad balance so I need serious help... and I'd rather stay home than wear old people stuff. :p

well golfists shoes or track and field shoes.... they have small spikes in them.
you see no rubber, leather or whatever will give you any more traction on ice.

And the old peoples things I was talking about is pretty much like those that were shown... although the only ones I've seen were smaller and had actual spikes. albeit very small.

I know it's not a super manly endeavor, but have you thought about something like yoga or pilates to strengthen your core and improve your balance instead of always trying to correct for it?

I know it's not a super manly endeavor, but have you thought about something like yoga or pilates to strengthen your core and improve your balance instead of always trying to correct for it?

I wasn't aware those things enhanced one's balance. I never thought about fixing my lack of proper balance, because I mean it doesn't really disable me in any way. I was never good at climbing stuff and I don't do too well on ice but that's it, I don't fall down randomly or nothing. :D