Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

They look very good.
Any chance of getting the second photo in a higher resolution?
Thank you.

dykkere-03.jpg

That's twice as big. :p

Aaahh, thanks!

No problem. :)

Shoot RAW and you won't need it.

Thanks for saying that because I have a point-and-shoot atm, and I'm saving up for a DSLR. But I didn't know all about RAW. I know it's uncompressed (unlike JPEG), and that it's more flexible in terms of post-processing, but not to what extent.

Since i've been toying around with my new nikon SB-600 flash i wonder why i didn't consider to get one earlier. What a difference.

:)

I just got one of those:
12142.jpg

I only played with it for a few minutes, but it?s interesting not having adjustable magnification and having such a short DOF.

Last edited:
Thanks for saying that because I have a point-and-shoot atm, and I'm saving up for a DSLR. But I didn't know all about RAW. I know it's uncompressed (unlike JPEG), and that it's more flexible in terms of post-processing, but not to what extent.

I just assumed you were using a DSLR, sorry. The RAW file is basically just that, raw data, so all your settings can be changed in post. When I first bought my camera I didn't really know what RAW was and took some shots in B&W mode, then was surprised and confused when the showed up as colour on my computer. :?

Sometimes the benefits of shooting jpeg can outweigh those of RAW though.

I just got one of those:

I only played with it for a few minutes, but it?s interesting not having adjustable magnification and having such a short DOF.

It's a cheap lens, but on the other hand, it's a cheap lens. ;)

50mm 1.8II, a bit flimsy cheap lens, which performs really great when you think about the price.. 1.8 is a nice large aperture and if you stop it down a bit (2.0/2.5) it is really sharp lens..

It's a cheap lens, but on the other hand, it's a cheap lens. ;)

Well, sorry for living in a country where everything costs 4 times more...<_<
Maybe that should be my signature.:p
What 50mm would you have bought?

50mm 1.8II, a bit flimsy cheap lens, which performs really great when you think about the price.. 1.8 is a nice large aperture and if you stop it down a bit (2.0/2.5) it is really sharp lens..

Well, I know it?s a cheap lens, but that?s what I can afford at the moment. Apart from that, I heard good things about it. Color me optimistic, but I am glad I bought it. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Well, sorry for living in a country where everything costs 4 times more...<_<

Maybe it wasn't clear what I meant. Cheap quality, but a cheap, fast 50mm prime, cheaper than an extension tube or some filters. Meaning you'd be a fool not to have one, unless you're budget was unlimited.

I have one too BTW. :)

Know of a photographer who used to get himself two or three EF 50/1.8 II when he traveled in places with poor climate. If one got filled with dust, sand or moisture, he just chucked it away and picked up one of the others..

Maybe it wasn't clear what I meant. Cheap quality, but a cheap, fast 50mm prime, cheaper than an extension tube or some filters. Meaning you'd be a fool not to have one, unless you're budget was unlimited.

I have one too BTW. :)

Sorry if it seemed I was angry or something. My first comment was in jest. :cheers:

Know of a photographer who used to get himself two or three EF 50/1.8 II when he traveled in places with poor climate. If one got filled with dust, sand or moisture, he just chucked it away and picked up one of the others..

That?s an interesting approach.

Interesting is one word. :p

One thing, though. I have to say I really like the look of the Oly Ep-2. It's by no means perfect, but boy is it pretty. Color's supposed to be black, but i suspect Alfa Romeo would call the color "cappuchino gold". And that's a good thing. As for the looks themselves, it looks a million dollar (and costs pretty much a million dollar :p), but it looks both modern and retro. More new Mini than PT Cruiser, in other words.

If all cameras looked like this, I'd be happy as Larry.

See that's the difference between lolympus people and the rest of us ... we take pictures, lolympus's just look pretty :p

Leica's look pretty and have like two buttons each.

like wtf is this
S2-back-small.jpg

edit: might as well continue with that theme. Does this mean that 35mm digital users are more control freaky than MF digital users?

Hasselblad-H3D-II-back.jpg

D3_back_l.jpg

1d4-back.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone gotten the "unexpected end of file error" in Lightroom?

Lightroom is really awesome when it works, which is about half the time in my experience. <_<

Anyone gotten the "unexpected end of file error" in Lightroom?

Lightroom is really awesome when it works, which is about half the time in my experience. <_<

I honestly never had ONE problem with it. Can you give more details? RAW or JPEG? What camera?

I honestly never had ONE problem with it. Can you give more details? RAW or JPEG? What camera?

RAW file from my D40x.

This problem is new and only happens with one shot so far, but I have this other problem where half the time when I switch between modules it freezes up with that Loading... text and I need to end the process and restart.