Nissan GT-R V-Spec heading for Germany......Pricing announced, Nissan lost mind

Or better yet get an R34 (which is way better looking and comes with a proper manual) and spend all that money on upgrading it. I have a feeling it will be a MUCH faster car :D

Or just get an 911 Turbo or GT2 instead, not is it better only, even the badge is has more prestige.

So where's the rant about all of the other manufacturers insane markups? Lets not forget the ~40k premium you paid in 08 for a Gallardo Superleggera over the base, and for....? 10 extra horsepower? And weighs 200 lbs less? :rolleyes:

Still cheaper, much faster and more exclusive than a Carrera S+powerkit and a bodykit that I find ridiculous:

Porsche_911_Sport_Classic_2009_1.jpg

Or just get an 911 Turbo or GT2 instead, not is it better only, even the badge is has more prestige.

Well I was sticking to GT-Rs in this case. Though I would never buy a Porsche, don't like em.
So where's the rant about all of the other manufacturers insane markups? Lets not forget the ~40k premium you paid in 08 for a Gallardo Superleggera over the base, and for....? 10 extra horsepower? And weighs 200 lbs less?
Ahh but Nissan was marketing the GT-R as the affordable supercar for everyday use. It is expected that AM, Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Zonda, Maserati, etc.. will cost alot of money and special/limited models will be absurdly overpriced but that is what you buy those cars for. This is a Nissan their market is mid range not supercars.

Also to me the GT-R is in the same league as the STi/Evo/370z, it is a cheaper way to match performance of more expensive cars. That is really the only thing that it has going for it when you start raising the price it becomes pointless.

Last edited:
We have sold three GT-R's at my dealership for a bit over $100k, even if the sticker says otherwise. People just want them Badly.

Well, on the upside, people will probably have some very cheap secondhand models in a short time. Probably worn out but whatever...

Because I cannot imagine the Nissan GT-R is the type of car for nurturing by automotive conoisseurs.

We have sold three GT-R's at my dealership for a bit over $100k, even if the sticker says otherwise. People just want them Badly.

I see Nissan is still keeping the dealers in line.

a normal GT-R would do the job just as well.

actually, fuck that... a normal Porsche 911 GT3 with change please : )

Imagine how much you could improve a stock GTR with that ridiculous price addition?

You'd end up with a 700+hp monster which broke down after 500 metres, whereas Nissan is glad to give you an ECU tuneup and some seat removal..

Fail.

Fixed.

You must be fucking stupid to buy that piece of shit. Just save up and buy something proper instead.

I guess it's better to buy a base GT-R ... and save the rest of the money for transmission replacements. :D

I just don't see the prestige of having a special edition Nissan? If I'm going to buy a Nissan it's going to be because the car suits my needs best, not because of its badge.

^ Yeah, but they shouldn't cost 55000? for things that could be achieved with 5000?..

5000? Did you look at the upgrades?

I agree that it's overpriced (seriously, twice the price?), but it does include carbon ceramic brakes which alone can cost around $20k. Then there's the titanium exhaust and carbon parts which are all basically custom parts considering the low volume. The carbon bucket seats were ridiculously expensive, too. You may be shocked to know it but Nissan aren't actually making a lot on the Spec-V.

I think they almost did themselves a disservice pricing the base model so low.

Ahh but Nissan was marketing the GT-R as the affordable supercar for everyday use. It is expected that AM, Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Zonda, Maserati, etc.. will cost alot of money and special/limited models will be absurdly overpriced but that is what you buy those cars for. This is a Nissan their market is mid range not supercars.

Also to me the GT-R is in the same league as the STi/Evo/370z, it is a cheaper way to match performance of more expensive cars. That is really the only thing that it has going for it when you start raising the price it becomes pointless.

The base model is the same low price it always has been. These Spec-V's are for the few who are willing to pay whatever it takes. It's still less than half the price of an LF-A. :?

I'd rather burn ?124.900 to light a cigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posmo View Post
Imagine how much you could improve a stock GTR with that ridiculous price addition?

You'd end up with a 700+hp monster, whereas Nissan is glad to give you an ECU tuneup and some seat removal..

Fail.

Or better yet get an R34 (which is way better looking and comes with a proper manual) and spend all that money on upgrading it. I have a feeling it will be a MUCH faster car

Sorry but getting an R34 and investing a ton of money in it is plain stupid,why not take a standard GT-R which is cheaper that the V-Spec and with the money you saved put in a racing chip tweak the turbos a bit and get around 700BHP that the chassis can actually handle,cause if you take the Skyline R34 GT-R and mod it till you get 700BHP,it is gonna overstear and understear like a dog,I know the R34 is a good car,actually a great car but not as good as the GT-R and then again you say the R34 is better looking,come on,it would be like trying to choose between Michal Schumacher and Ralph Schumacher,which is better looking.

140000? for a Nissan. They must be joking. I sort of get along with the normal GT-R because it's so cheap, but you can't sell a Nissan for the price of a 911 Turbo. The most respected car magazine in Germany, Auto Motor und Sport, compared the two, and the GT-R was slower round Hockenheim, it broke down while attempting to determine top speed, and it went to overheat mode after two laps. The Porsche on the other hand went from 0-62 mph in 3,1 seconds and didn't break a sweat.

But how could it be otherwise? The GT-R is the first supercar Nissan ever built, and they tried to do everything and everything perfect. As with all first times, they got in way over their head.
Porsche on the other hand have built nothing but sportscars for the last 60 years (Cayenne and Panamera excepted) and are unquestionably the best at it. After 45 years of evolution, the 911 has reached a grade of perfection you just can't step up to in an instant. It's called experience, and Porsche's got a lot of it. I just wouldn't put that much money in a car when I don't know if it will last for 5 or 10 years. When I buy a 911 (Turbo) I know everything (at least the mayor car functions) will work and last.

It's going to be sold out just because it's so "rare." But if it was my money, I'd just get the regular one or add EUR 4,000 to the bill and get the V10 R8.

So, the GT-R Spec V is heading for Europe & Germany in the end....let's just recall some things:

- Nissan GT-R is meant to be "the affordable sportscar" (82.000? in Germany)
- It doesn't EXACTLY have the best reputation
- The Spec-V adds not THAT many extras
- only 45 are planned for Europe
- only two seats

So....how much is the car you ask.....well.....138.000?, ?124.900 in the UK.

Yes. 138.000? for a Nissan. Which will break down. Without warranty. And in which everyone will laugh at you.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109120323370/nissan-gt-r-specv-european-pricing-announced

Now, you say, "what could 138.000? possibly buy me instead?"

Well... let me give you a little list.

C63 AMG: 67.830?
M3: 66.650?
M3 GTS: 115.000?
E63 AMG: 105.000?
Audi RS6: 105.000?
M5: 94.000?
XF-R: 89.000?
Corvette Z06 (Import): 88.200?
Corvette ZR-1 (Import): 135.000?
Porsche GT3: 117.000?
R8 V8: 109.000?

Add a bit and receive:

R8 V10: 142.000?
Porsche 997 Turbo Facelift: 145.000?
Porsche 997 GT3 RS (2010): 145.871?

Srsly Nissan, offer it for 85.000? and you might sell some. This is just ridiculous.

Yeah, I could buy one of those cars or I could buy this:

nissan-gt-r-spec-v-leak-1-big.jpg

Let's face it, who'd want a Merc C-Class when you can have the best japanese sports car currently on production? Just look at it, it's beauty and power allover those lines. It's pricey? Yeah, it is. Is it special enough to be so pricey? OH YEAH! Would I buy one over any one of those cars you've mentioned? NO DOUBT!

:cool:

Wasn't the entire point of the GT-R that it could beat a 911 Turbo around the 'Ring for almost half the cost? Why have they gone and ruined that now?

Given the choice between the R8 V10 and the GT-R V-Spec, I'll have the one with more matching body panels.

To be fair, that's not really representative. They made 2 for the road, which were never sold, and about 4 times more were made just for racing purposes. :lol:
A slight detail. :D