Random Thoughts....

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/10/Festival_Shrubbery.jpg

Cost option here.
You're thinking of lights that turns on when it gets dark.

Last edited:
Karoug likes his bush.

As a punishment for my great expenses getting that bush I will now force you to watch crappy cinema

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrXDtlT68c[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368226/

User Comments
56 out of 61 people found the following comment useful.
This film is like getting stabbed in the head., 28 June 2003

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
Can the people who throw eggs at other peoples' house be charged by the police? How can these people be caught?

Jen

Response from Victoria Police

Yes, people who throw eggs at houses can be charged.

Offenders could be charged with discharging a missile, or where damage has occurred, they could be charged with wilful or criminal damage.

You can report this to your local police station or Crime Stoppers.

You can also get in touch with your local Neighbourhood Watch coordinator to discuss the issue.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/readercomments/2073-throwing-eggs.html

I hate Google maps, I'm trying to set up an epic route around Europe starting on Isle of Man but because their destination router is crap I can't have more than 24 destinations. However when I get to 24 it craps out and deletes all of my already planned destinations and routes. The biggest problem is that I'm hitting 24 destinations on the Isle of Man and can't move on to England.

Oh I know! Get a REAL MAP and do it the old school way! :wub:

I prefer having the ability to turn on and off my lights. I loathe the auto-on lights. If it's sunset/cloudy/raining/no sun in the sky, I will turn my lights on myself thank you very much.

^and skirt is like waaaaaaay too long... you can't even see her underwear...
and boots are way too short... and no heal?

I have had this happen 2x. It seems to be a theme with woman bosses and it pisses me off to have to say that. They finally give us high up jobs, thanks for ruining it being a freaking stereotype :mad:

Thing is, there was another person before her named Cheryl. She was absolutely wonderful according to everyone, there were no overly strict rules and regulations but she ran a tight ship and she always had a smile on her face.

She ended up retiring in 2005 to everyone's surprise.

Once Melinda moved in, tons of nurses were fired on the spot for the most inane reasons and she introduced this new "timesheet" setup which doesn't work. The nurses have odd night shifts and hours.

Melinda ended up yelling at me one more time today even though I fixed everything on the site as she had asked. She's just trying to vent out her frustrations on me because everyone else is realizing she's useless and isn't doing her job properly.

I'm continuing to write about her to the exalted ones. No-one deserves to go through this torrent of hate and stupidity.

I'm not angry at all btw, because I'm working in the background to bring her down. I don't stand for this sort of injustice and while it doesn't really hurt me to get flak from her, I don't want anyone else to get hurt. They're going for a huge grant which will end up in the hiring of tons of new people to manage resources and services and of course which includes a web programmer. None of these new hires should have to deal with her.

I'm sorry I'm venting here guys, I promise I will try my best not to write pages and pages of rants against her. I'll take all my frustrations out in TF2 where I can set fire to people and it's all good :p

I prefer having the ability to turn on and off my lights. I loathe the auto-on lights. If it's sunset/cloudy/raining/no sun in the sky, I will turn my lights on myself thank you very much.

Meh, you live in Southern California. How often is it cloudy/raining/no sun?

Up here the law requires you to have them on, and the weather usually requires you to have them on. So why wouldn't they be automatic?

Also I think some people need to learn what DRLs, daytime-running lamps, actually are before having an issue with them. First of all, if they come on automatically they will go off automatically. There is no car that turns on your lights by itself and requires you to turn them off with the car.

Second, DRLs are not your biggest bulbs or your entire headlight fixture. DRLs are just the dimmer/smaller bulbs, so even if your car has DRLs you will still need to turn on your full low-beam lights when it's actually dark outside.

And I don't buy the argument that if people are smart enough to drive they are smart enough to turn on their lights. Well, I agree in principle but I always see people in older cars that drive with their lights off - you're driving on a darkish rainy highway and you just see a car with no lights appear 3 feet in front of you. Little you can do to save yourself at that point.

My own car actually has an optional setting for full auto-on lights, meaning when it's dark enough not only does it dim the interior lighting but it also turns off the DRLs and turns on the Xenon lights. It also turns off whatever light is on when you lock the car, even if you had manually turned them on - idiot-proof and I don't care, doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

So yes, even with DRLs you will have the option to turn on and off your lights. DRLs aren't your normal lights and aren't intended to illuminate the road in front, they are meant to make your car more visible in bad weather, or if you live in a place where it's dark half the year.

Not all cars come with the option to turn off the DRLs. My 1999 Toyota Corolla CE had a sensor in the car that turned on any time the sun was not shining down on it. That is what I don't like. Plus I like having the ability to go in to "stealth mode" and drive around with no lights on at all for the fun of it. Yes yes, it's illegal, blahblah, screw off :p

I like to have the control with my gadgets, gizmos and plenty of other stuff.* :tease:

Points to those who catch the reference!

Not all cars come with the option to turn off the DRLs.

Of course you can't disable DRLs, the whole point is that they come on automatically. The reason some cars in America have DRLs is because the manufacturer wanted to save costs, but in places like Canada it's required by law so it would be daft to let you override them.

But there is no point in not having them, at least in a locale where the weather changes with some frequency. You won't even notice DRLs in your own car. If it's not too dark you won't notice them because they come on and off automatically, they're tiny and they barely if at all light up the road ahead of you. If it's totally dark, then you get in and turn your full lights on like normal and off you go.

About your Corolla, you mean it had a sensor for DRLs or your normal low-beam lights? DRLs are not supposed to have a sensor, they are just on if your car is powered on. If you mean your car had a sensor for the normal headlights, then that's weird because it's a pretty slick feature for a '99 Corolla. ;)

I hate Google maps, I'm trying to set up an epic route around Europe starting on Isle of Man but because their destination router is crap I can't have more than 24 destinations. However when I get to 24 it craps out and deletes all of my already planned destinations and routes. The biggest problem is that I'm hitting 24 destinations on the Isle of Man and can't move on to England.

You think that's bad? I tried to plot a course that follows Route 20 in its entirety, from Kenmore Square in Boston to Newport, Oregon, the longest highway in the United States. It crapped out on me somewhere around Ainsworth, Nebraska.

Fuck this, paper maps are the way to go. (Though I do have my eye on a Droid phone with turn-by-turn navigation and iPhone app compatibility for next August when my contract expires and I can get rid of the running joke that is AT&T...)

^don't neg rep retaliate. They will turn it back off again.
just make a note and wait for the people to post something dumb ;)