Random Thoughts....

Sorry for your loss, Speedtouch.

(((hugs)))

Am I the only one who pronounces ?torrent as "/mu?/ torrent"?

And yes I am aware modern Greek pronounces it differently.

I've always read it as "micro-torrent" but I frequently work in ?L and ?m so that's what my brain is accustomed to reading.

Just got back from the best trip ever. (OK, technically I got back last night, but I was too tired to do anything and I had somewhere to be earlier. So :p)

Getting lost is incredibly fun.

Sorry for your loss, Speedtouch.

I've always read it as "micro-torrent" but I frequently work in ?L and ?m so that's what my brain is accustomed to reading.

I do too. I actually work with a guy who calls ?L "mikes". I don't know why, but it irritates me. It shouldn't, since I call mL "mills". Oh well.

For reference ? is a letter of the Greek alphabet. My year of ancient Greek in college has corrupted me a bit.

FYI Ancient Greek is an evil language. Take Latin instead instead it makes sense.

For reference ? is a letter of the Greek alphabet. My year of ancient Greek in college has corrupted me a bit.

Science and math have co-opted pretty much the entire Greek alphabet. ? means "micro-". ? means "change". ? means "wavelength". ?, ?, and ? are types of radiation, as well as positions on a molecule (and man, does that get confusing when you're ordering ?-P32 on the ? carbon).

And that's just the stuff I use every day. Math uses pretty much the entire alphabet.

FYI Ancient Greek is an evil language. Take Latin instead instead it makes sense.
Of course it is, but if I say I need "fifteen mu-liters" of glycerol, I'll get some seriously funny stares.

Of course it is, but if I say I need "fifteen mu-liters" of glycerol, I'll get some seriously funny stares.

Heh, I'd say "mu litters" for that reason alone. :p

Left work early to do some camping and my friends wussed out, "it's too cold". That was of course after I had already packed everything in a hurry and put on multiple layers of warm clothes.

The one day out of the year I can wear my BEAT ARMY shirt, and that they are doing.

I'd seriously consider trading in my car to buy a camaro :O

I've seen an orange one around my area, and there was a black camaro convertible in the engineering faculty car park at uni earlier in the year.

Its such a sexy looking beast. Please sell it here GM, please??

I wonder if i should get either a fully loaded netbook or a sub-standard laptop?

gaasc, it depends on whether you need the small size of a netbook or not. Acer Aspire 1410 could be what you're looking for. $399, dual-core celeron, Windows 7 Premium and good battery life.

gaasc, it depends on whether you need the small size of a netbook or not. Acer Aspire 1410 could be what you're looking for. $399, dual-core celeron, Windows 7 Premium and good battery life.

actually, if i had resources, i would get a giant 17-inch one since i don't need to haul it anywhere.

anyway after 17287837896 tries i finally managd to tie my....err tie. Still i love to wear a suit

No. Even though its based on a Commodore......

Apparently all the RHD engineering is done, but for some reason they decided not to sell it here.

Some of you may remember me mentioning my cousin who went in for a heart transplant a couple of weeks back. I don't believe I mentioned however that she unfortunately didn't make it.

A story from the local newspaper up there. She made the front page of a newspaper - surely one of her many dreams.

TH1_1112200936caitlin-family.jpg

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/Loving-farewell-for-bravest-of.5905855.jp

The funeral was today, and I thought I needed to put this out, just to feel a bit better. This service was one of the saddest and yet most beautiful moments ever. There was even a perfect beam of light (from one of the abbey windows) shining on her coffin by the end of the service. And the story was only a estimate - closer to 400 people turned up.

We'll all always miss you Caitlin - thanks for being a great, great cousin. :wub:
:hug::hug::hug::hug: aw hun I am sorry.

Yes.

I wear pink fuzzy slippers to my finals.

My fuzzy slippers are blue but the blue robe is less cozy then the purple one. Purple one is like 2 blue ones thick.

I wonder if i should get either a fully loaded netbook or a sub-standard laptop?

Netbooks could be fun because it's kind of pocket sized. Well more like purse sized which would be less useful for you.:lol: