Random Thoughts....

IMG_4861.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG

Last edited:
Nah. I have complete electrical schematics for most post-war Jaguars plus their repair manuals, so it didn't take long to remove and wire up.

Now I just have to come up with a wood mounting case for my desk. :D

The one time in my entire college career that I actually need to speak with an administrator (who doesn't want to take my money) and I get to the administrative wing and notice that the IT and maintenance staffs are ransacking it. Clearing everything out for asbestos abatement over the winter break.

Only the most essential of those offices have been relocated - everyone who needs a "less-essential" service has to wait until the beginning of the semester. This includes me.

There was no advance notice to students of this.

GRR.

Nah. I have complete electrical schematics for most post-war Jaguars plus their repair manuals, so it didn't take long to remove and wire up.

Now I just have to come up with a wood mounting case for my desk. :D

Would it be possible to make some and sell them?
Or are Jag parts a bit too expensive to make it worthwhile?

Keep in mind, I'm not from the country you are,
let alone the area you are, which may be
better for getting Jag parts.

The one time in my entire college career that I actually need to speak with an administrator (who doesn't want to take my money) and I get to the administrative wing and notice that the IT and maintenance staffs are ransacking it. Clearing everything out for asbestos abatement over the winter break.

Only the most essential of those offices have been relocated - everyone who needs a "less-essential" service has to wait until the beginning of the semester. This includes me.

There was no advance notice to students of this.

GRR.

Have to love college and it's annoying administrative processes....:rolleyes:

Would it be possible to make some and sell them?
Or are Jag parts a bit too expensive to make it worthwhile?

Keep in mind, I'm not from the country you are,
let alone the area you are, which may be
better for getting Jag parts.

There are a couple of companies making them with clocks from much older Jags, as well as kits to convert older Jag clocks. Doing newer ones isn't done that I know of, but that's probably due to just plain cost - you don't normally see X308s in junkyards and their clocks (like this one) cost a couple of hundred dollars new.

However, you can sometimes find them for cheap on eBay. I might think about making some more.

The wood should be veneers recovered from fallen Jags.

I'll see if I can do that. :D To the greenies - reduce, reuse, recycle this.

That explains the solder and heatshrink tubing.

Partially. There's more stuff to do. :D

There are a couple of companies making them with clocks from much older Jags, as well as kits to convert older Jag clocks. Doing newer ones isn't done that I know of, but that's probably due to just plain cost - you don't normally see X308s in junkyards and their clocks (like this one) cost a couple of hundred dollars new.

Ah yes.

Ah well, at least it's an individual product (one you made yourself)!

Do you by chance happen to have a Jag v12 coffee table? =p

Ah yes.

Ah well, at least it's an individual product (one you made yourself)!

Do you by chance happen to have a Jag v12 coffee table? =p

Nope.

I do, however, have a ruined XK6 engine block I am considering making into a night stand.

I wonder how hard it would be for you, to make an entire lounge setting out of Jag parts.

Probably not very I'd say! No I wasn't having a go or being sarcastic, just saying :D

I wonder how hard it would be for you, to make an entire lounge setting out of Jag parts.

Probably not very I'd say! No I wasn't having a go or being sarcastic, just saying :D

I did it once several years ago, just as a mock up. At one point I had literally enough parts to make six cars (if someone had provided six chassis).

So a friend of mine from school has had her baby. Congratulations and all that, but I have to say watching people I know from school having kids and getting married still feels really weird.

So a friend of mine from school has had her baby. Congratulations and all that, but I have to say watching people I know from school having kids and getting married still feels really weird.

I know how you feel. A friend of mine has just had her 2nd kid. :blink: Mind you she isn't married and the 2 kids have different fathers.... :|

The weirdest thing for me is having ex-girlfriends with kids. One girl in particular is apparently quite fertile, 3 kids and she's 28 (married) thank God I didn't knock her up in high school:lol:.

Went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra again today (went last year). I forgot how freaking awesome they are.

Link to a song at an old show.

What's really crazy is how many people I know on the other end of the scale in their 20's that can't drive, don't have a job/go to college and live with their moms still.

At least I can drive I guess. I should probably have more college IDK how well a real job will go for me :(

What is weirder is that I know some people are getting knocked up and having kids...before they even finish school. :?