Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Option Three: Buy a new battery.

No need for that. The current one is excellent. It was made in Jan 2009 and it holds charge very good, never had problems with it...except when I left the car sit for 2 months :D

You could just disconnect it then so nothing drains it. A battery should still be good after two months.

Add one to the ranks of "XF likers anonymous". Maybe it's the gigantic wheels, but it has presence, even when the sun's out. The taillights are stunning in the dark, mostly because you start to wonder if it's an Aston. Still want it to look more like a C-XF when the mid-cycle refresh comes out.

Me too. They look absolutely diabolical in your rear view mirror.

Bleah, I think they still look like the Lexus GS. Not a bad looking car overall, but terrible for a Jaguar.

Add one to the ranks of "XF likers anonymous". Maybe it's the gigantic wheels, but it has presence, even when the sun's out. The taillights are stunning in the dark, mostly because you start to wonder if it's an Aston. Still want it to look more like a C-XF when the mid-cycle refresh comes out.

I don't like the C-XF lights. Too thin.

Bleah, I think they still look like the Lexus GS. Not a bad looking car overall, but terrible for a Jaguar.

I admit it is no E-Type, but I wouldn't have a problem with owning one.

Last edited:
I like the XF, as may said, it removed the Ghastly S-type from the lineup and looks the part. What i find unacceptable however, is the new XJ. Modernizing a car is good, However, the XJ's shape was basically the same for a good number of decades and there was nothing wrong with it.

I agree. The new XJ was a botched job. It doesn't look right.

IS..... Is that a Lexus I see??

Last edited:
Quite possibly the best part of that comparison:
Handling:
With their comparable turning circles, the Lexus GS 350 and the Jaguar most definitely handle almost the same into and out of tight spots.

you're all crazy : the new Jaaaaaaaaaaaaags, both XF and XJ, look awesome.
they may be crap and unreliable just like Spectre says, but atleast they look spot-on

Passed the 109 000 km mark yesterday, so it might be time for a scheduled maintenance this week.

Passed the 109 000 km mark yesterday, so it might be time for a scheduled maintenance this week.
IMG_0054.JPG

yup, that's 222222 :)

Rolled over yesterday.

Last edited:
Yay :p And that's quite low for a W201.

Got a new dose of Shell Helix Ultra just now. Every time I drive the car anywhere to be inspected or maintained, the bloke who does anything on it comments on the condition of the underbody and the lack of rust. <3

Ignore the dribble he wrote, look at the pictures.

Its amazing how similar two cars can look while one looks brilliant, and the other looks a mess. And yes, it is the Lexus that looks crap.

Today, i drove a 4WD car in slippery conditions for the first time and i noticed a few things.

1: A Subaru Legacy Estate is a pretty big and heavy car, that causes it to understeer into bends as the rear wheels is pushing it along.

2: When you lose the grip on the rear wheels, it oversteers with brute force and quickness.

3: When you learn to handle those two factors, my god it's fun to play with! :mrgreen:

Better take it easy now for a couple of days, i think my neighbours will strangle me if they hear the howl from a high-revving EJ20 anytime soon.