Random Thoughts....

Hating this weather right about now (but especially three hours ago). My room was like a sauna it was so hot and sticky I couldn't get any sleep. Gave it up at about 6am, and have spent the last two hours or so grinding out a $4 profit on Pokerstars :p

IT'S SNOWING!

*does a happy dance*

You may now continue.

Cool change has swept in now so it's around 20 degrees (from 36). I'm not sure what I want to do. Sitting here is boring but I dont feel tired enough to go back to bed. Probably stick it out til 11am, grab some lunch then hit the sack in the afternoon.

Could go and watch Top Gear 14x04...that'll put me back to sleep...<_<

Could go and watch Top Gear 14x04...that'll put me back to sleep...<_<

BAZINGA!

We have the aircon which only cools the lounge, so my room last night
was also hot as balls.

Opened the front door, and far out it's cooler.

^ YES! My morning has a purpose! We've been near our download limit so I havent been able to get the last two episodes...I'll set those going right away. Thanks for the reminder :p

When did TLC turn into the little people and children channel? It's really creeping me out. The latest additions? "Dwarf Adoption Story" and "The Little Chocolatiers." This on a channel already packed out with:
Table for 12 - assisted reproduction gone wild
19 Kids and Counting - natural reproduction gone wild
Jon and Kate plus 8 - psycho bitch reproduces, thankfully canceled
The Little Couple - ohhhh, married dwarfs
Little People Big World - dwarfs on a farm

Really? Are people this fascinated with dwarfism and reproduction? Is this "learning?" Am I missing a point somewhere?

Yeah, it bugs me a lot too.
Discovery Channel is another channel that has gone downhill. Now it?s just climate change, the apocalypse, killer bacteria...<_<

BAZINGA!

We have the aircon which only cools the lounge, so my room last night
was also hot as balls.

Opened the front door, and far out it's cooler.

I had an odd thought: if you room is already "hot as balls" and you balls are hotter, what temperature are your balls now?:hmm:

Yeah, it bugs me a lot too.
Discovery Channel is another channel that has gone downhill. Now it?s just climate change, the apocalypse, killer bacteria...<_<
Our Discovery now consists entirely of crap new Mythbusters, assorted blue collar jobs, "scientific" ghost hunting, and Cash Cab. It's really pathetic.
I had an odd thought: if you room is already "hot as balls" and you balls are hotter, what temperature are your balls now?:hmm:
Along this line, how is it that "hot as balls" and "cold as balls" are both acceptable sayings?

Along this line, how is it that "hot as balls" and "cold as balls" are both acceptable sayings?

EDIT: Spoilered for the sake of the kiddies.

Balls sounds a bit more acceptable than vagina.
Due to the fact, balls could refer to ones you kick and bounce.
Rather than ones that produce that funky white stuff.

Last edited:
Back at the doctor's office. Again.

Ugh.

Shorting out fully charged 1-5 farad capacitors is even more fun. A 10 farad cap (seen in some really big car stereo systems) can turn a car practically inside out.

Moral of story: Don't be an idiot, keep a firewall or metal bulkhead between you and your stereo's capacitors. :D
We shorted out a huge capacitor (can't remember the exact farad rating but it was large) in my shop as an instructional type of thing and it made a nice big pop sound with lots of sparks. Even if someone were expecting the noise it still scared the crap out of them. I can't imagine what someones thought process behind putting any value farad capacitor in their car and not putting something protective between them and it.

77.05 ATAR! Only 10 points lower then i required to get into the uni course i wanted! :\

:hug: you can always do a year of BArts and transfer or something, get some of the courses you need up that way. ATAR isn't the be-all and end-all after all, it's just a minor shortcut into uni.

Or you could look at other unis with similar courses, might have lower ATARs for the same course.

77.05 isn't bad though. You are in the top 25% of the state, look at it that way!