Snow!

Ahemm.....I gather you have zero experience from black ice then ? Even with my yet limited experience in a 4WD car, I can assure you that it is far from "not making much sense".

It does make sense, and a lot of it. Until you have tried to navigate an iced up highway ramp, which is a downhill decline and banked, you have no say in this. Sure, we may not get the hugest amounts of snow in southern Finland, but we do have ice...black ice.

You are more than welcome to try your powersliding Sierra against my Quattro...we'll see who has the "real proper winter car".

5xsg43.jpg

;)
not my pic btw, i got it at an audi forum

We had some wet and sloppy shit here last night. It started out as rain last night and turned to wet, heavy snow this morning. A few hundred feet above the valley floor we got wet-cement snow. It's very slippery stuff, especially after it's been packed down.

I really want a proper winter storm, not just a few inches and not rain or slush.

First proper snow of the year just fell. Only a couple cm but it cheers me up nonetheless. Can get the snow board out on Saturday...

And quite conveniently for me, the snow plough forgot to come :D. That always means fun.

Got about 6" the other night. Being the first decent snowfall of the year everybody stayed home for the most part leaving the roads fairly empty.
Drove a new Subaru Forester and an Impreza while at work. The awd was very nice to have, but the all-season tires left a lot to be desired. Took out the Festiva (winter car/beater) and had a blast with its skinny little 12" snow tires. It will be the last winter for the Festiva, but I bet I'll miss bombing around in the snow with it even if we end up with a vehicle with 4WD/AWD.

First proper snow of the year just fell. Only a couple cm but it cheers me up nonetheless. Can get the snow board out on Saturday...

And quite conveniently for me, the snow plough forgot to come :D. That always means fun.

i live in a street where there is no passing traffic. and when we were little we once barricaded the entrance with our bicycles, and started bombing the snow plough with snowballs...they turned around and never came back...since then snow isn't cleared in my street no more :thumbsup:

(OK, after we did that, a few parents went around collecting autographs the street doesn't need to be cleared so kids can play...but it's cooler to think we scared them away :D)

We got about 10-15 cm of snow today :D
Moments like thise make me wish I had a RWD car.

IMG_0246.jpg

my dad getting out his car.

^and i hate it!

it's fucking cold, like -2?C. that's not human! and now that lousy amount of snow we got, will start melting, and everything, everywhere will be dirty

i miss summer :(

^Wish it was more like -10? so the snow would stay for a couple of days.

-17 celsius today, and i'm not liking it. Snow if fun, but the coldness isn't. Waiting for the sunny summer days..

Took out the Festiva (winter car/beater) and had a blast with its skinny little 12" snow tires. It will be the last winter for the Festiva, but I bet I'll miss bombing around in the snow with it even if we end up with a vehicle with 4WD/AWD.
I drove my friend's Festiva once - such a fun little car :lol:

Currently its 17F (-8C) with a wind chill of 2F (-17C). For me, right around 0F (-18C) is where it gets really cold. Although I left my winter jacket, gloves, and hat at home so this will be a fun day in my light autumn jacket :|

You're like 2.5-3 hours south and its 15F degrees warmer??

south from you is towards the equator...and the closer you get to the equator...the warmer it gets

[/teachermode]

I'm pissed, havent been getting any snow the past few days. it's just dry icy roads...

And bone... I was out in my T shirt the other night when it was about -2c :D