Random Thoughts....

Why can't my parents understand that I like to be discreet about my karate? My dad just asked me if he could upload the pics he took of my end of year club tournament and I said I wasn't really that keen.
I let my Mum see me do stuff for the first time in years only because she nagged to go. Same with my Dad, I don't really want him to go in there while he's waiting to take me home.
And another thing, I don't practice at home because I don't want my parents to see.
Yes, it does sound selfish, but I do love my parents. But I just want them to leave me alone with my karate. It's not that I don't care, but it's more of a personal thing. A social barrier if you like. Or a private passion that keeps me in tact when I'm on the edge. I don't like it when I see someone who isn't part of that group. This involves my parents. I like to have things in the places that I am familiar with, if you get what I mean.

I hope that made sense. /end rant

Because your parents still think you are 5 years old. Unfortunately you will be 5 years old for the next 10 years when they might promote you to being 10 if you're lucky. This is when they start lecturing you about "responsibility" while reminding you to brush your teeth and go to the bathroom before you leave the house.

Just made bacon. :drool: 5 strips and I want some more.

This is the fundamental problem with bacon. No matter how much you eat, you always want more.

'Mabel' is notorious for knitting bizarre and inappropriate articles of clothing. One of my other relatives got what we think was supposed to be a tube dress from her. While the color (red) and material (angora) was fine, the actual tube that she knitted was seven and a half feet long with no other apertures other than the top and bottom.

The girl in question is only 5'5".

Lightweight sleeping bag.

Lightweight sleeping bag.

I don't know about that. The note in the box said something about "enjoy the new Christmas dress."

This is the same woman who sent out some pet sweaters a few years ago that had no openings whatsoever.

I am glad that you have clarified things : re number of Spectre limbs.

Slowly, we are learning a few things about him...:mrgreen:

flydiscovery said:
This is the fundamental problem with bacon. No matter how much you eat, you always want more.

Bacon is great. Thank goodness I was born into a Greek Orthodox family because I would make one crappy Jew.

?(Lisa) ?I?m going to become a vegetarian?
(Homer) ?Does that mean you?re not going to eat any pork??
?Yes?
?Bacon??
?Yes Dad?
Ham??
?Dad all those meats come from the same animal?
?Right Lisa, some wonderful, magical animal!?"

I must spread the love around, but I am absolutely doing this after Christmas. Thanks for the most brilliant plan I have seen in a while.

Though looking forward to Christmas though. Have to work on my breaking and entering skills though, as it is my year to sneak the 20 year old wheel of stilton into a family members house. I was sadly the recipient last year, but I cant decide who the unlucky member to get it next will be. I mention B&E because if you get caught you get to keep it for another year.

Though looking forward to Christmas though. Have to work on my breaking and entering skills though, as it is my year to sneak the 20 year old wheel of stilton into a family members house. I was sadly the recipient last year, but I cant decide who the unlucky member to get it next will be. I mention B&E because if you get caught you get to keep it for another year.

Breaking in to a house in Texas? Are you mad!?

I'm pronouncing Texas in Spanish in my head, the confusion!

Si, si. People in Tejas have guns, ese. TBoneUs, your family must be mad! (Or hippies who don't do the whole gun thing. Damn hippies.)

Hmm, custom-fit reshell or custom-tip my Westone 3s......gotta decide by tomorrow morning.

We're absolutely unprepared for Christmas, have no gifts, don't know what are we going to cook, it's a good thing we don't eat fruitcake over here.

Si, si. People in Tejas have guns, ese. TBoneUs, your family must be mad! (Or hippies who don't do the whole gun thing. Damn hippies.)

Defiantly not hippies. In fact I think all but two have assault rifles, and everyone has shotguns. But as family I trust them not to shoot me, that and I have no intent of trying it when they are home, that would be dumb. Though the fact that I know everyone's alarm code helps. :p

Last edited:
Come to think of it, though, one of my friends and I used to do the whole "urban exploration" (which is really just a fancy term for B&E) thing in various college buildings and never managed to get shot. Came absurdly close to getting caught a few times, but heck, we pay to go there, so why shouldn't we be in there?

I actually want to try that when I'm older; sounds like fun, throw in one of those GPS urban treasure hunt things and you've got yourself an adventure.

Tomb Raider: Urban Edition!

I like this guy's urban exploration pics. He does old, abandoned buildings and stuff. The hospitals are probably the most creepy (creepiest?). I'd never have the courage to go myself though. I'm a total chicken.

A couple of years ago there were these guys who raided 'ahem' explored the old rover/mg factory at Longbridge and found all this awesome stuff. It was posted on here.

link?

It's easy to park big vehicles. Look around and don't hit anything. :p

I have to agree. I've NEVER had problem finding a space big enough for my car and it's certainly not small. The only time I've ever not been able to get in somewhere is when some schmuch double parked. How can an Atlima NOT fit somewhere? Having a car which, let's be honest, isn't that much smaller won't make much difference. The only thing small enough to be of consequence parking is a Smart. There was no difference in where I could park my civic versus the passat. If the Altima won't fit, I don't imagine much else would.

Last edited:
Just had a thought: do you guys understand my avatar? Or is it a stupid pun.

Yay, my hangover seems to be going away. No more christmas parties this year.

Now then, I should be bracing myself for New Year. :p