Brand new Q5 stolen, not insured, christmas ruined.

D

D-Fence

I know this is not really A3/ S3 related ( well a little ) , but this is where i know the most people, and i only sold my S3 3 weeks ago.

As said sold the S3 2 weeks a go , new baby new car Q5 as many of you know.

Was up until 2 am with the baby feeding , went to bed passed baby to wife .
went for a kip in the spare room.

Wife comes in and wakes me up at 3.15 am saying she heard voices downstairs and the dogs barking.

I think i am still asleep SERIOUSLY.

Here sound of a car

Look out of bedroom window still thinking i am dreaming...

There goes my brand new 59 plate 37000 grand car.

Run downstairs.

Nothing is missing , except both our mobile phones..

Back door wide open , dog passed out on floor. She is a big boxer dog.

Grab landline ring police , they are here in 10 minutes.

Cant even remember the registration number , baby screaming.

Find insurance documents for reg number..

Policy expired 13th December...4 hours before they stole it.

Throw up on kitchen floor , keeping quite about it as police still there, baby screaming louder and louder.

Police go , realise thief have the house keys..

Stay up till 8 am , ring insurance company , they inform me that as i paid annually , not monthly as i did the year before that the policy does not automatically renew it self.

Climb into bed ( spare room ) tears in eyes. Don't sleep.

9am cid arrive and inform me that round the corner 1 hour before mine an S3 was stolen , but they could not find the keys in the house , so they put a gun to the wifes head until the husband found them.

Well i guess my car is now on a ship somewhere...

If that is not enough , i had a set of S3 alloy wheels in the car when they stole it that where sold , being collected in the morning..from work so i had put them in ready.

Been feeling very sick since.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=85304

Well that clearly sucks donkey balls, but imho he failed big style by not knowing how and when his insurance runs out....I mean, in the end, he was about to drive to work with an uninsured car, no?
Over here, before your insurance runs out, you get a letter, and they even call you some days before it ends......

^ Yeah, I find it hard to believe the insurance company just let his insurance lapse without letting him know.

Well, he failed to renew the policy. I know that around here the companies send mailings for months and even call to remind you to renew with them.

Didn't anyone mention the fact his policy was going to expire soon when he called to add the new car to his plan?

Sounds like he dropped the ball on home security and insurance. If he has been a long-time customer he might be able to negotiate with them back-date a renewal, but most companies won't do that if you have a claim pending.

All in all, sucks to be you.

Where was this?

The UK, otherwise known as the car crime capital of Europe by a factor of 2.
This reminds me of the flipside of having the insurance company renew the policy for you.

Last edited:
If he missed the dozen letters and multitude of phone calls about nenewal, I'll bet he won't ignore them in the future. It sux, but insurance is one thing you don't let lapse.

But more importantly, how's the dog?

4 hours? Considering the state of things in the UK, I'd not be surprised if the insurance co had some "partners" who stole it.

^^
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/17/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

It's a bit weird car crime is so rampant in the UK considering they all drive on the wrong side of the road. Where are they going to export the cars? Australia?

4 hours? Considering the state of things in the UK, I'd not be surprised if the insurance co had some "partners" who stole it.
+1. That's one big coincidence or... some insurance agent did some side work. If it's all true...

I'm thinking his story isn't the complete truth. I bet it was well more than four hours.

I have my auto insurance renew automatically. I've only used USAA so I'm not sure how the others handle things.

+1 to USAA.

I love it every time I get a pitch from some insurance company claiming that they can lower my rates, they only get as far as "Who is your current insurance company?"
"USAA."
"Oh, yeah... um... I don't think we can beat them."
"Have a nice day, and don't call back."

At least now the guy can get a real SUV.

Speaking of which, it was a little unclear in the story... was the dog just stupid and lazy and slept through a robbery or did they drug/kill it?? I love boxers :cry:

Well he mentioned the dogs barking, then he clearly stated "passed out", so I would assume they drugged the pooch.

Hate to be you pal. I bet he'll take insurance and home security more seriously from now on. I hope.

It's a bit weird car crime is so rampant in the UK considering they all drive on the wrong side of the road. Where are they going to export the cars? Australia?

Its not really a matter of exporting them, at least in Australia. Its a matter of rebirthing them, or just drug addicts wanting something to do. Years ago my mums 1986 Toyota Corolla was stolen, luckily nothing was taken out of it and it was found a few days later parked in a housing estate. Only damage was a broken door lock. :blink:

Or they rebirth it, i.e. find a written off car of the same model and colour, and swap the plates and identity. Then sell it as a normal second-hand car, under the identity of a repaired write-off.

Or they part it out.

Or they joyride it.

he should have said it was stolen at 11:30, but he slept through it.

kinda fraudy, yes, but he would still have a car.

or they get high in it and dump it the next day, which is what happened to me

They dumped you the next day without even a goodbye?:mrgreen::lol: